cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook-Oculus has a 2+ minute spot on NBC news

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Looks like VR is getting great Network News attention thanks to the release of Oculus GO.

Check it out:

I guess VR is finally mainstream?
🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep pretty cool.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
We are British good Sir soooooo No Bloody Chance (see what I did there ?) One shall wait for a 3 minute slot on the BBC thank you !!!!!

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

We are British good Sir soooooo No Bloody Chance (see what I did there ?) One shall wait for a 3 minute slot on the BBC thank you !!!!!

Well Zuckerberg just met with President Emmanuel Macron in Paris, so some BBC news should be popping up shortly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Techy111 said:

Well Zuckerberg just met with President Emmanuel Macron in Paris, so some BBC news should be popping up shortly!

Unfortunately I couldn't avoid that. I can't stand the Frogs tbh.

M Zuckerberg, biatches.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good video - I can't wait to finally get my hands on one this year. I am torn between the 32 and the 64 - I already have a Rift and the Go I am thinking of for just a couple of experiences, mostly Netflix. I think the 32gb will be good enough for that.

I have started to see people wearing VR headsets in a couple of commercials the last little while - one was a car commercial if I recall correctly. Just lifestyle stuff - like VR is something that exists now, and people use it.

I think we are still a couple years out from mass adoption - but I don't see it going away, it has already made a big enough impact to have major developers on board with ports. I remain optimistic about VR going forward.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
32GB is enough for Rift Owners imo.

But 64GB helps with the "futureproof" concept. I like the extra download freedom I have with my 64GB. But either will do for most situations.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That Asian chick. Didn't I see her in VR somewhere???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

32GB is enough for Rift Owners imo.

But 64GB helps with the "futureproof" concept. I like the extra download freedom I have with my 64GB. But either will do for most situations.

Yeah the 64gb is reasonable price-wise which is what is getting me - I know that I am going to still get more use out of the Rift. I just want something that I can take out and about with me - to show VR to friends / co-workers and to just watch TV shows while I am out and about.

I am probably sticking with a 32gb when I do get it though - likely around Christmas time.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Another thing to consider about the higher version is if you're going to use it for family and friends. I know I use mine more for others than myself, and the extra storage space helps since you will be downloading titles for more than just you.

Then again, we can off-load storage so that's not really an issue either in the end.