cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Remote Work VR App Cross Platform

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

kevinw729_0-1629393773894.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/charliefink/2021/08/19/facebook-releases-blockbuster-app-for-remote-wor...

Great to hear that this remote working application will be cross platform, so that PC, mobileVR and Standalone will be able to connect together.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
26 REPLIES 26

@Anonymous - your own words:

In no way was he mocking people with learning disabilities

I read all his words and did not take it that way at all

I  maintain that Rune is mocking people with disabilities with this statement,

it makes Horizon look like a playground for 7-year-old kids, or present activities that persons with learning disabilities may not find too hard

If you stand by your words quoted above, then feel free to explain how Rune is "not" mocking people with learning disabilities.

If you do not feel you need to explain it, then there is no need to continue arguing the issue. You are trying to tell me I am wrong yet you refuse to offer any explanation. 

It seems to me that you very well  know Rune is mocking people with learning disabilities, but you are trying to deflect away from that in favor of some personal issue with me. Sorry, but I am not going to fall for that game.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zenbane wrote:

@Anonymous - your own words:

I  maintain that Rune is mocking people with disabilities with this statement,

it makes Horizon look like a playground for 7-year-old kids, or present activities that persons with learning disabilities may not find too hard

If you stand by your words quoted above, then feel free to explain how Rune is "not" mocking people with learning disabilities.

If you do not feel you need to explain it, then there is no need to continue arguing the issue. You are trying to tell me I am wrong yet you refuse to offer any explanation. 

It seems to me that you very well  know Rune is mocking people with learning disabilities, but you are trying to deflect away from that in favor of some personal issue with me. Sorry, but I am not going to fall for that game.

Ummm no.

Please read my posts again. Very simple to understand.

1: I posted the entire text of Rune's post you attacked and accused.

2: I made up my mind that he was not mocking anyone.

3: I clearly stated with the full context of the quote I posted, others can make up their own minds.

That is it.

@Anonymous wrote:

mmm no.

So you are denying that you said the following?

??

Zenbane_0-1629746260442.png

I'm sorry.  That is it.  I've come to my conclusion - "rune"  perhaps could see the benefits it could bring to those afflicted.  I know you will ....cough.... disagree.

If you want some real negativity,  look here,  I think this is a bit harsh.

https://www.theregister.com/2021/08/23/horizon_workrooms_promises_a_virtual/

"What Horizon Workrooms is, then, is a warning. A peek into the horrible inhuman void of Facebook's vision for the future. It is our generation's 1984, except without plot, substance or wit; it is merely the giant billboard stretching a thousand feet into the sky screaming These People Are Not To Be Trusted. That, by far, is the most real thing about it."

@cmat100 wrote:

I've come to my conclusion - "rune"  perhaps could see the benefits it could bring to those afflicted. 

I agree with your assessment, but I don't see how it is "not" a mockery. Clearly, Rune is fully aware that Horizon is a tool meant for everyone. Rune has repeatedly voiced his dislike for Horizon ever since it was announced. And in this situation, Rune is clearly trying to insult Horizon by saying that it isn't meant for someone like him... it is only meant for 7 year olds and people with learning disabilities.

It is a an insult against Horizon clear as day. However, in Runes attempt to insult Horizon he is using people with learning disabilities as the foundation for the insult.

His message is clearly, "Horizon sets such a low intellectual bar, that only a 7 year old or someone with a learning disability would enjoy it."

Imagine if I said, "Horizon sets such a low intellectual bar t that only cmat100 would enjoy it."

Would that not be insulting to you? That's just an example, btw. I certainly do not feel that way about either you nor Horizon.

As for your article... wow! Yeah, that is some extreme paranoia there. But I don't find that to be as low brow an attack as Rune's comment.

For clarity, Rune was certainly NOT suggesting that Horizon is such a great platform that it is not only great for everyone of all ages, but it is also a great tool for people with learning disabilities.

He is saying the polar opposite of that.

OK lets put the business of being afflicted behind us can we?

I personally don't think Rune's criticism was intended to mock the afflicted but just to criticize the app. Using a group with problems probably wasn't the best choice but that's it.

The app by it's nature is for everyone and the simplicity of its graphics or the nature of activities portrayed shouldn't be an indication of any group of users likely to use it. Please consider that element of this thread closed and just discuss the app without further reference to all that

thanks.

Thanks @DaftnDirect - I have not been following this thread, maybe I should have, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"