cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook not liking what you post and how it effects your account

falken76
Expert Consultant
Do you think Facebook would ban your account and then it would effect your VR experience? 

Here's an article from the tatumreport.com It's about Breonna Taylor.  I don't really have an interest in the story itself, I just noticed in the comment section that facebook doesn't like this particular story shared so they take it down right away.  One girl in the comment section had it removed right away and she was banned from posting any links at all for 24 hours.

What are the chances that this behavior would lead to an account ban and you lose access to the games you spent real world money on?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Facebook's world, almost anything is possible.
 😉 

Digikid1
Consultant
This is one of the reasons why I "dislike" FB.  They take things out of perspective a LOT and then blame the user for it. 

I had a friend that got banned....BANNED over saying "God Bless" to another person and this was in a CHURCH FB Group.  This is why I don't trust FB at all.

There are many stories that are similar but I will leave it at that.

Double_Shot
Adventurer

falken76 said:

Do you think Facebook would ban your account and then it would effect your VR experience? 

Here's an article from the tatumreport.com It's about Breonna Taylor.  I don't really have an interest in the story itself, I just noticed in the comment section that facebook doesn't like this particular story shared so they take it down right away.  One girl in the comment section had it removed right away and she was banned from posting any links at all for 24 hours.

What are the chances that this behavior would lead to an account ban and you lose access to the games you spent real world money on?

The chances?  More likely than not.  Which is why FB should be shunned.  I gave them the boot a year ago.

It's Facebook!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/674381#Comment_674381
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

This is one of the reasons why I "dislike" FB.  They take things out of perspective a LOT and then blame the user for it. 

I had a friend that got banned....BANNED over saying "God Bless" to another person and this was in a CHURCH FB Group.  This is why I don't trust FB at all.

Sometimes you need to know all the facts behind what gets people banned.  I believe this idiot posted everywhere on FB, not just this Church group, and on many forums as well.  Most of his posts had pretty meaningless content, always signing off "God Bless", like this justified his stupidity.  He was warned numerous time and was eventually banned not only on FB but many other forums.  I believe he also ended up banned from YouTube. @Digikid1 this may or may not be your friend but it is what I've witnessed by a certain individual in the recent past.

I'm not saying that FB (or any forum) do not sometimes get it wrong but I think that this is the exception, not the norm.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, don't trust anybody saying "I was banned because and it's unfair". Most of the time, they twist the story so that their perspective seems to be the right one. A very humane thing to do, but it just makes anything they say irrelevant as it has 0 credibility. Stick to your own experience. If you never got banned from Facebook, there's no reason to be paranoid about getting banned now.

Now we need more official information, but to me it is pretty obvious a ban from Facebook won't disable your VR account. You'll still be able to play your games. It's illegal to prevent a consumer from accessing something they paid for and it would instantly break their reputation.

Also, Steam doesn't prevent you from playing your games when you get banned:
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864973123997574294/

It is likely Facebook will have a similar policy, so I'm quite confident there'll be no risk related to the mandatory Facebook account.

Digikid1
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Digikid1 said:

Sometimes you need to know all the facts behind what gets people banned.  I believe this idiot posted everywhere on FB, not just this Church group, and on many forums as well.  Most of his posts had pretty meaningless content, always signing off "God Bless", like this justified his stupidity.  He was warned numerous time and was eventually banned not only on FB but many other forums.  I believe he also ended up banned from YouTube. @Digikid1 this may or may not be your friend but it is what I've witnessed by a certain individual in the recent past.

I'm not saying that FB (or any forum) do not sometimes get it wrong but I think that this is the exception, not the norm.

Off topic but I will say this....my friend is an elderly man of 75.  His only online presence was Facebook.

Back on topic though will this affect VR accounts???  Don't know.  I believe that if they do.....they will be effectively shooting themselves in their collective foots.

inovator
Consultant
I'm sure when you hear these banned from facebook stories, important info is left out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had to join Facebook under an assumed name. Facebook banned my original account that I made under my birth name. Not my bloody fault that my Dad, William Hitler, and my Mum, Jane Hitler, decided to call me Adolf. 😄