cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 3/NV + Razer Hydra

Trameur
Honored Guest
Hello,

I tried to play Fallout 3 with the oculus rift and it work well (I use VorpX) but I wanted to add the razer hydra and the problem is the head aiming. How can I remove the head aiming to just let the hydra aiming ? Like in HL2 where it work perfectly.
5 REPLIES 5

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
"trameur" wrote:
Hello,

I tried to play Fallout 3 with the oculus rift and it work well (I use VorpX) but I wanted to add the razer hydra and the problem is the head aiming. How can I remove the head aiming to just let the hydra aiming ? Like in HL2 where it work perfectly.

Its not exactly that simple. Games that are hardcoded tend to be impossible to get to that level of modification. I think even with the extended scripting you won't be able to change those core features.

Half-Life 2 was programmed to work with Virtual Reality. Fallout 3 or NV isn't. You would have to wait for Obsidian to throw in VR support which I highly doubt. I brought this up a couple of months ago at Beer Wednesday and not many seemed interested in throwing support for VR on an old game.
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

Trameur
Honored Guest
It was what I tought, thank you for your answer.

But since it's like THE game I want to play like that, I will probably try to fix that by myself, hope I will find something that work and not lose my time.

fudspong
Explorer
This is relevant to my interests. I have spent 200+ hours in New Vegas and have just acquired a used Hydra based purely on how it works with HL2VR. I would love if someone could mod F:NV to allow HL2VR style movement and aiming.

saviornt
Protege
If the modding program for it allows you to customize characters, animations, and allows for some coding, you might be able to hack something out of it. I haven't looked at hydra implementation in any engine, so i'm not sure how easy or hard it would be.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

Trameur
Honored Guest
I found someone who have some experience in fallout modding, he did a camera modification so maybe he will be able to help me. I will keep this thread updated.