cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 4 VR/ DOOM VR – E3 Trailers Oculus SNUBBED as Expected (Flight Sim Edition)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
And here it is...for Vive at the moment. Obviously we all knew it would not officially be on Oculus Rift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjBjvIv8LcQ

With the power of VR, you’ll be able to get up-close-and-personal with the dangers of a post-apocalyptic world as you fight for survival. Featuring new combat, crafting and building systems fully reimagined for VR – including VR-enhanced V.A.T.S. – Fallout 4 VR isn’t just a jaunt through the Wasteland, it’s the entire game. The whole world is fully explorable. That includes hundreds of locations, characters and quests. This is your opportunity to step into the Wasteland and experience Fallout 4 in a whole new way.

And this one for Vive and PSVR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZqCtnCme_Y

In DOOM: VFR, the demons from Hell have wiped out everyone inside the UAC’s Martian research facility – except you. As the last known human survivor, you have to restore operational stability and stop the demonic invasion. There’s only one catch: you’re about to be slaughtered yourself. But thanks to a top-secret UAC research program, your consciousness has been transferred to an artificial intelligence matrix. Along with all kinds classic DOOM weaponry, you’ll be armed with the ability to Teleport and Jet-Strafe so you can move fast in combat and quickly close the distance between you and the demons, then blow them to bloody bits with your Tele-frag ability. As an A.I. operative, you can also transfer your consciousness to UAC devices and robots to solve puzzles and gain access to new areas (including two never-before-seen sections of the UAC Martian Research Facility).

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
163 REPLIES 163

falken76
Expert Consultant
Is vive getting their own exclusive?  Or is this going to be on Oculus also?  I just saw Vive wands in the demo that's why I ask.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Thank god. Vive owners now can shut the fuck up about exclusives!
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

zboson
Superstar
We are suppose to get 1 high profile rollout a month

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-promises-months-of-high-profile-rollouts-heres-whats-to-come/

When are Arktika.1 and Lone Echo coming out? Lone Echo looks awesome.

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
Ugh......this was painful.

KenSniper
Adventurer

falken76 said:

Is vive getting their own exclusive?  Or is this going to be on Oculus also?  I just saw Vive wands in the demo that's why I ask.

I recall seeing the words, HTC Vive and PSVR, doubt it will ever get oculus support knowing that their slave driver zenimax would never allow it

CrashFu
Consultant
Pros:
  •  Free locomotion!
  • The workshop / building interface seems like it'll be pretty intuitive compared to the regular game.

Cons:  
  • Motion controls don't seem like they really add anything to the combat experience.
  • Those cartoony-looking stock Vivemote models shoehorned into the game look so out of place.. They couldn't at least give you a robot claw hand or something? Of course not, they needed product placement for a product you need to already have to even play this game (until the modders take care of that)
  • Apparently you play as the invisible man.  What, they couldn't make first-person arm or even just HAND models?
  • Conspicuous total lack of melee / unarmed combat / gun-bashing in that trailer.  Did they just remove those aspects because they were too lazy to tackle the design challenges, or just not show it because it's unimpressive?
  • No weapon sights / scope useage?  Will that even be possible in the game?
  • No showing how the series' iconic minigames (hacking and lockpicking) have been adapted for VR?
  • No UI, except for a readout on the back of SOME guns and a chin-console (is that supposed to be when you're using powered-armor?)
  • Are they not going to show us how VATS works in this version of the game?
  • How does general object-interaction / looting work?  Only thing I see him manipulating is a power-armor helmet.

Maybe this was just a really lazily-made trailer that failed to show off a lot of important features/functions (heck maybe they're still working on many of the core features, after all this time) but so far I don't see much reason to play this instead of playing the original in VorpX.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

zboson
Superstar
@CrashFu
jlm1p03v96mo.jpeg

vannagirl
Consultant
Sorry what will be stopping this on cv1 also?? Many vive only run on rift. Is it possible to stop it wont the community bypass as usual.

I have vorpx unless it is cheap and runs so much better then i can get it running then it is no go for me
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
The real question is whether they will pull a Google and add an artificial block on Oculus support (like Google Earth did) or will they leave SteamVR to do what it does naturally and just not release a native oculus version?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2