cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel Three Motion Simulator update - launch incoming!

traveltr0users
Level 3

c3jw4c94qn08.jpg
g4u9d3exx05k.jpg

Yes, it's been a while but we're nearly ready to launch.... you can still join the raffle/newsletter to win one at http://www.feelthree.com/giveaways/pre-kickstarter-giveaway/ and share your code to get more entries, but you better get a move on!

The new base is ±50°, so 100° pitch/roll in total 🙂
http://www.feelthree.com/feel-three-specifications/

Early bird is $2000, so get on the newsletter to find out when we're launching.

crpj082nzhhc.gif

No video of it working until the Kickstarter.... we have to hold back the really cool stuff, but here is an animation 🙂
73 REPLIES 73

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

We haven't had confirmation that it's Vive only have we? They haven't replied to questions in this thread about whether they're able to get their software to communicate with Oculus' in a way that enables it to cancel out the chair's movement or whether they have some other method of achieving this but their website states 'every major headset supported'.

@RiftFlyer I'd suggest asking them directly how they achieve this. They're not obliged to provide a technical answer though, cos, well.. it's their knowledge after all!

Anyway, I personally would want some sort of broad confirmation that it's at least been achieved before dropping money their way.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

bigmike20vt
Level 14
I read it somewhere today (possibly on KSer questions) that they are trying to get oculus to respond to them and hope to one day get it working bit right now it isnt
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

OK thanks @bigmike20vt, if that's the case they need to update their kickstarter page, that kind of thing is kind of important to be clear on.

If you can link to that answer or screengrab it, I think it might be useful if a mod can add a cautionary statement to the first post of this thread. I think we've possible had enough, shall we say 'optimistic' ks claims relating to VR (no names mentioned!!).

Edit:

Correction: I've scrolled down their ks page and it's stated there. 'No current support for Oculus Rift'. Apologies for casting any dispersions but the 'compatible with all major headsets statement still needs to be removed as it's a much more prominent statement.

@Cybereality, @LZoltowski, @Techy111, @kojak, any views on adding that confirmation to the OP?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

snowdog
Level 16
I'm definitely going for the Yaw VR instead. All you need to do with that is slap a sensor on top of the thing as far as I remember. Cheaper, smaller, collapsible and portable. Ticks all of the boxes for me, one of these things probably wouldn't fit in my flat lol 😮 😄 😄 😄
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

RiftFlyer
Level 4

snowdog said:

I'm definitely going for the Yaw VR instead. All you need to do with that is slap a sensor on top of the thing as far as I remember. Cheaper, smaller, collapsible and portable. Ticks all of the boxes for me, one of these things probably wouldn't fit in my flat lol 😮 😄 😄 😄

I don’t see how yawVR is any different. It’s just feelthree have been up front and open about the rift issue. Oculus have ignored repeated requests for motion cancellation. Adding a camera doesn’t work. Maybe now that there’s more players in the market they might add the few lines of code needed for it to work properly. 

RiftFlyer
Level 4

@RiftFlyer I'd suggest asking them directly how they achieve this. They're not obliged to provide a technical answer though, cos, well.. it's their knowledge after all!

Feelthree have been completely transparent about the rift issue. It’s stated right there on the kickstarter page. It’s not something a 3rd party can fix. Oculus don’t allow the tracking data to be manipulated at the driver level. Repeated requests for them to add the required code to allow motion cancellation have been ignored. The oculus runtime simply doesn’t allow motion cancellation to be injected into the tracking data by a third party. 

snowdog
Level 16

RiftFlyer said:

snowdog said:

I don’t see how yawVR is any different. It’s just feelthree have been up front and open about the rift issue. Oculus have ignored repeated requests for motion cancellation. Adding a camera doesn’t work. Maybe now that there’s more players in the market they might add the few lines of code needed for it to work properly. 

A|dding a sensor to the Yaw VR does work, they've demonstrated it working. It means that you won't be able to have 360 movement but that's a small price to pay imo.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

RiftFlyer
Level 4

snowdog said:

RiftFlyer said:

snowdog said:

A|dding a sensor to the Yaw VR does work, they've demonstrated it working. It means that you won't be able to have 360 movement but that's a small price to pay imo.

It doesn’t work for me with the latest rift firmware. If you don’t believe me get a swivel chair a broom handle and some duct tape and test it for yourself. 

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

We haven't had confirmation that it's Vive only have we? They haven't replied to questions in this thread about whether they're able to get their software to communicate with Oculus' in a way that enables it to cancel out the chair's movement or whether they have some other method of achieving this but their website states 'every major headset supported'.

The problem is people want to use motion rigs with games that don't support them (there's a big difference between games supported by a rig and games that support a rig). Motion cancelling by the game is easy. It's just a little quaternion/vector maths.

Or the motion rig devs could do what my Oculus Injector project does: runtime hijacking. Shouldn't take more than a couple of days for a team with money. This can potentially cancel rig/headset motion in any Oculus based game without the game or oculus knowing. Although an online game might detect it as a cheat.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

RiftFlyer said:

Feelthree have been completely transparent about the rift issue. It’s stated right there on the kickstarter page. It’s not something a 3rd party can fix. Oculus don’t allow the tracking data to be manipulated at the driver level. Repeated requests for them to add the required code to allow motion cancellation have been ignored. The oculus runtime simply doesn’t allow motion cancellation to be injected into the tracking data by a third party. 

You obvious didn't read my follow-up post.

And yes, Oculus runtime doesn't allow motion cancellation.... you've said that like in every one of your posts! That doesn't mean there isn't another way of doing it... which is what my very first question to the devs was all about.