cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight Sim with touch

737Guy
Explorer
Will touch work better in cockpit enviroments than Leap? I cannot flip/push/or turn approate switches when needed as leap VR Hand/finger is way to large, It moves multiple swithces,not just the one you want, and well it is just a mess in the cocpit.
 I have been,so far, removing the headset and then working in the cocpit and returning to the headset.
 I am loving the VR effect of flying and hoping at some point you do come out with a Friendly Flight Sim accessory.
13 REPLIES 13

Greyman
Superstar
@CharlieHobbes I agree, but the exoskeleton would make it feel like you were holding something.  For example, for a steering wheel, it would make it feel like your hands were gripping something and would "lock" each hand's movement, relative to each other, whilst that grip is maintained.  In short, the exoskeleton would make it feel exactly like you were using a physical steering wheel.

of course, this is all theory and someone would need to solve some pretty hairy technical and practical problems, but i wouldn't say that it will never happen.

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star
Oh for sure.

I just think the threshold of getting suited up and the effort involved may not be worth it compared to sitting down at my desk using a Hotas, VR display and putting on a pair of tracked gloves.

Greyman
Superstar
probably, but imagine having the ability to comprehensively replicate absolutely any cockpit environment, real or fantasy, without having to buy all of the hardware to make it happen.  

Who needs a holodeck?  🙂

737Guy
Explorer
Icould use one..with a nice redhead as co-pilot..:)