cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fool oculus into thinking computer is VR Ready?

wellsillver
Level 2

Hi, so Ive been trying to play roblox however it has controller issues with virtual desktop, but I cant connect via oculus link or air because my computer is not VR ready at least officialy.

You may think I dont have the specs (integrated GPU) but roblox runs at a crisp 15FPS (amazingly fast lol) when using virtual desktop, I'm sure I could just as easily play it with oculus. How would I do this?

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

You can use the free Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) that gives you the option to fool Oculus into believing you have an approved gpu,  Probably not much point to do this imho.  If you want good PCVR you need a very good desktop gaming PC.

Otherwise, just enjoy mobile VR with a Quest 2,

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Thank you, mobile VR on quest2 doesnt have that many good games wich is why I dont use it that much. Probably the only good game on it is beat saber and pavlov has the potential

@wellsillver  Seems that many, including myself, like quite a few standalone games with our Q2's.  Sorry you are not one of them, lol!  In any case, good standalone will always be better than poor performing, high latency PCVR imho.  If you cannot afford a good gaming PC maybe try some cloud based apps like Shadow or Pluto;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYdGT1yuiFU

I've never tried these so I don't know how well they work.  Cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Im sure those would work very well but I'm waiting for a free service like GeForce to do it or for oculus to just warn you it doesnt work instead of forcing you to stop using it