cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fool oculus into thinking computer is VR Ready?

wellsillver
Explorer

Hi, so Ive been trying to play roblox however it has controller issues with virtual desktop, but I cant connect via oculus link or air because my computer is not VR ready at least officialy.

You may think I dont have the specs (integrated GPU) but roblox runs at a crisp 15FPS (amazingly fast lol) when using virtual desktop, I'm sure I could just as easily play it with oculus. How would I do this?

10 REPLIES 10

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You can use the free Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) that gives you the option to fool Oculus into believing you have an approved gpu,  Probably not much point to do this imho.  If you want good PCVR you need a very good desktop gaming PC.

Otherwise, just enjoy mobile VR with a Quest 2,

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thank you, mobile VR on quest2 doesnt have that many good games wich is why I dont use it that much. Probably the only good game on it is beat saber and pavlov has the potential

@wellsillver  Seems that many, including myself, like quite a few standalone games with our Q2's.  Sorry you are not one of them, lol!  In any case, good standalone will always be better than poor performing, high latency PCVR imho.  If you cannot afford a good gaming PC maybe try some cloud based apps like Shadow or Pluto;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYdGT1yuiFU

I've never tried these so I don't know how well they work.  Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Im sure those would work very well but I'm waiting for a free service like GeForce to do it or for oculus to just warn you it doesnt work instead of forcing you to stop using it

I I've downloaded OTT but I don't know what to change to fool my oculus into believing I have an officially approved gpu , do you know what to change when we are into OTT please ?

Go to your OTT program file folder and find the pdf file with the manual.  From there all will be revealed, lol!  

I'm looking at the manual, but can't seem to find anything. Could you please point me in the right direction?

@burrit017 wrote:

I'm looking at the manual, but can't seem to find anything. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Well you didn't look hard enough, lol!  As I already said, I don't know if this works or not since I've never needed to use that option.  From the manual;

Spoof CPU ID on tool start: Check this box to change the CPU ID when the tool starts. Use this option if you see the message “Your computer doesn't meet the recommend requirements", and want to get rid of it. This changes the “ProcessorNameString” value in the registry, making the Oculus service believe you are running an i7-4770K @ 3.90GHz or an Ryzen 7 1700X if you’re
running with an AMD CPU. Your old CPU ID is always restored when Windows boots up. It is also saved in Oculus Tray Tool settings, as well as written to the ott.log file. Unchecking the box will also restore the old CPU ID. The Oculus service needs to be restarted for this to work, so having it checked when the tool starts will force a service restart.

You're getting confused. We were talking about GPU, not cpu.