cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the people with a PERFECTLY WORKING Rift

Mr_Wilde
Heroic Explorer
I would like to make a database of hardware that are 100% problem free with the Rift, so I ask all the people that never had any problem whatsoever with their Rift, to write here the hardware specs.
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:

- Motherboard model
- GPU model and brand
- Additional USB 3.0 card model (if present)
- OS

I'm only interested in the hardware that never had a single problem either with the Rift or with USB/HDMI connection.
If you experienced even minor issues, like occasional sensor disconnect, etc. please DO NOT post here.

Thank you
89 REPLIES 89

elboffor
Consultant
Work amazing for me.
Here are my specs.

Pc = irrelevant
Penis size = bigger than yours
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

ShoeHash
Protege
Mobo: Gigabyte UD5h Z77
CPU: Intel I7 3770k @ 3.9
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 1070 FTW Gaming
PSU: Silencer Mk.3 850w
HDD: 2x2TB 7200RPM Western Digital Black Edition (Installed Rift on OS Drive)
Ram: 2x8gb G.Skill Sniper 2600 Series
USB Controller: Anker 10 Port Powered USB 3.0 Hub, Plugged into my Mobo's USB 3.0

JaimieVandenber
Heroic Explorer
Mobo: Asus Z170i
CPU: i7 6700K
Gfx: Asus Strix 980Ti-OC3
RAM: 16gig of some sort, 3200MHZ
Storage: NVMe Samsung 950 256gig 
USB: Motherboard builtins

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
You can add GA-Z97N-WIFI to the list of working perfect mobo's

dirtyrider
Explorer
Amd ryzen 1700 
Asus Ch6
Corsair 32gb 2400
Gtx 1080 ti

All working great , no problems with sensors or anything , BUT it doesnt meet minimum specifications unfortunately lol.

johnnycaps
Honored Guest
I receive the fails the minimum specifications error message every time I start up the Oculus Rift with the following system:       

Windows 10
Intel i7 930 2.8Ghz
nVidia GTX980
ASUS P6X58D Premium 
10GB Ram
2 Oculus Rift Sensors (not 3)

These are the games I have played with the above system and have not had a "poor experience": 

The following are when in the Steam VR environment....
Blocks
Arizona Sunshine
Conductor
Eternity Warriors VR
Nature Treks
Google Earth VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Tilt Brush

The following have worked when in the Oculus Rift environment:
EVEREST VR
VR Roller Coaster- "Cave Depths"
Disney Movies VR
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Virtual
Lucky's Tale
Thrills & Chills Roller Coasters
oculus DREAMDECK

This PC system is circa early 2010 (except the nVidia GTX980 is an upgrade from the GTX480) and to be fair I also use a system circa March 2016 with a GTX1080 that is using 3 sensors and there are moments when I notice the GTX1080 system is a bit more responsive than the circa 2010 system.  However I would never describe the old circa 2010 system as giving a "poor experience" and nobody who has tried it has described it as a poor experience.   Everyone has said, "Wow".  And kids have "discussions" as to who is going next. 

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

I receive the fails the minimum specifications error message every time I start up the Oculus Rift with the following system:       

Windows 10
Intel i7 930 2.8Ghz
nVidia GTX980
ASUS P6X58D Premium 
10GB Ram
2 Oculus Rift Sensors (not 3)

These are the games I have played with the above system and have not had a "poor experience": 

The following are when in the Steam VR environment....
Blocks
Arizona Sunshine
Conductor
Eternity Warriors VR
Nature Treks
Google Earth VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Tilt Brush

The following have worked when in the Oculus Rift environment:
EVEREST VR
VR Roller Coaster- "Cave Depths"
Disney Movies VR
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Virtual
Lucky's Tale
Thrills & Chills Roller Coasters
oculus DREAMDECK

This PC system is circa early 2010 (except the nVidia GTX980 is an upgrade from the GTX480) and to be fair I also use a system circa March 2016 with a GTX1080 that is using 3 sensors and there are moments when I notice the GTX1080 system is a bit more responsive than the circa 2010 system.  However I would never describe the old circa 2010 system as giving a "poor experience" and nobody who has tried it has described it as a poor experience.   Everyone has said, "Wow".  And kids have "discussions" as to who is going next. 

It's your CPU that's causing you to get the message.

genomecop
Honored Guest
Intel i7 6700K,
 Asus Z170I,
Cosair H100i,
ASUS Strix 1080
32GB Crucial Ballistix
Samsung 950 EVO M.2 500 GB
Windows 10 64

Both sensors are using USB 2.0 without problems.

nangu
Expert Protege
No problems with these two systems. Oculus Rift + Touch + the included 2 sensors.

MB: Asrock X370 Fatality Gaming K4
GPU::Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
USB: Onboard USB 3.0
CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 OC @3.9Ghz

MB: Asus M5A-97 R2.0
GPU::Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
USB: Onboard USB 3.0 & Onboard USB 2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8350 OC @4.4Ghz

Siilk
Adventurer
Rift setup: CV1 + touch, 3 sensors.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
MB: MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151
RAM: 2 x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G
USB: Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ ATX Gold

Note: I bought Inateck USB controller only to open up more USB ports for extra devices I use(external HDDs, gamepads etc; I only had two unused ones after all my "regular suspects" were plugged in), my Rift setup was verified to work both with and without the extra card.

Note 2: While in the end my Rift was working flawlessly on my MB, initially I had to fiddle around with USB ports a bit to make everything work. I noticed that a couple of USB ports on my MB(funnily enough, one of them was specifically marked as "VR-ready") were not working well with sensors while being ok with other devices. I swapped Rift devices around different USB ports in different combinations and ultimately found a combination which worked like a charm.

Note 3: With Inateck USB controller available, I moved most of my Rift connectors there, however I was unable to make it work with all rift USBs plugged into it. After some experimentation, I found that when 3 ports on the card were in use, last one was triggering issues with whatever Rift hardware was plugged into it. Moving 1 sensor to the MB USB port resolved this problem, everything is working perfectly ever since.