cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forget about the price for a minute, where are the reviews??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really surprised that we're well into CES, yet there's only one single crappy review (from almost a day ago) about the CV1. This suggests that people aren't allowed to try it out on the Oculus stand?

What's going on? You'd have thought with pre-orders open, that they would want everyone to be talking about how awesome the CV1 is?

Or are we in DK2 territory again, with all the early reviews saying "damn it's awesome, no more SDE!" - for us only to find out that it's definitely still there (I'm thinking of that reddit thread about the beta version a few days back) and it's not as good as we were expecting?
61 REPLIES 61

Duros
Honored Guest
I've been looking for some throughout the day. All I want to know is if the field of view has been increased and how it compares to the FoV of the Vive.

snappahead
Expert Protege
I was thinking about that earlier. CES is going on today and I've heard nothing.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Anonymous
Not applicable
"MrGrumpie" wrote:
Really surprised that we're well into CES, yet there's only one single crappy review (from almost a day ago) about the CV1. This suggests that people aren't allowed to try it out on the Oculus stand?

What's going on? You'd have thought with pre-orders open, that they would want everyone to be talking about how awesome the CV1 is?

Or are we in DK2 territory again, with all the early reviews saying "damn it's awesome, no more SDE!" - for us only to find out that it's definitely still there (I'm thinking of that reddit thread about the beta version a few days back) and it's not as good as we were expecting?

People paying for the rift now without even knowing what the FOV really is....

Oculus are really showing themselves up to be an amateur bunch of Twits!

laminblake
Explorer
"Tim74UK" wrote:
"MrGrumpie" wrote:

Well it is a pre-order. We can cancel before it gets shipped to us 8-)

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Tim74UK" wrote:
"MrGrumpie" wrote:

No-one is paying for the Rift now - people have just got a stake in the ground in the queue.

Maxxgold
Rising Star
I have seen enough with DK1 and DK2. There is plenty of information to base your purchase on. Its amazing how some of you cry like babies when the wind blows. Millennials...

Anonymous
Not applicable
"laminblake" wrote:
"Tim74UK" wrote:
"MrGrumpie" wrote:

Well it is a pre-order. We can cancel before it gets shipped to us 8-)

so your card has been charged the full amount?

Bel-garath
Expert Protege
"MrGrumpie" wrote:

Maybe they just need more time to write their articles 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think your card gets charged once it's been shipped and not before, is this correct?