cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Forum] How to disable notifications from a single thread?

firagabird
Adventurer
I'm getting tons of notifications from a thread that I commented on once or twice, and I'd like to disable that. However, I don't want to disable this for all discussions, because there are some threads that I do want to get notified about. Is there a way to selectively "unsubscribe" from a particular thread?
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

firagabird
Adventurer
"Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

This unfortunately disables notifications for all threads I've commented on, not just the one or two threads I'd like to mute.

Then again, I suppose I could combine this with starring the discussions I do want to be notified about (i.e. a whitelist instead of a blacklist). It's not what I had in mind, but this should suffice.

Thanks for your help, @Zenbane .

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Click on the "Star" icon. If the star is filled, then you will get notifications. If it is hallow, then you won't.

You can also click on the "My Bookmarks" tab on the Right, to see everything you may have Starred.

firagabird
Adventurer
What if the thread giving me notifications isn't starred/bookmarked i.e. a thread that I just commented on?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Up at the top right corner near your name, click on the Gear Icon and select "Preferences." Uncheck all the ones giving you grief.

The one you're looking for is, "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

firagabird
Adventurer
"Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

This unfortunately disables notifications for all threads I've commented on, not just the one or two threads I'd like to mute.

Then again, I suppose I could combine this with starring the discussions I do want to be notified about (i.e. a whitelist instead of a blacklist). It's not what I had in mind, but this should suffice.

Thanks for your help, @Zenbane .

Taomyn
Protege
Any change on this other than to disable all notifications for the whole forum? I don't want to do this.

I just want to be able to unsubscribe from a single topic not everything - this is a pretty standard forum function in my experience.
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

Digikid1
Consultant
Oculus uses very crappy and very basic forum software.