cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Asgard's Wrath *for all Oculus Quest 2 owners

pcdrivers
Explorer
It seems incredible to me that they are only giving the game to new headsets connected to Oculus Link and not to all headsets.
59 REPLIES 59

pcdrivers
Explorer

jonstone said:

I am seriously unimpressed

As a launch day buyer I got the use of Link in beta which was substandard, then when they finally get the link working as it should have done from launch they give new buyers a free game to celebrate, but not the early adopters. Wouldn't help me much as I have already bought Asgards Wrath, but it is no way to treat your customers

It will definitely make me buy most of the games on Steam.

jjknap
Honored Guest
Same here.  Bought on launch day direct from Oculus.  Not a good way to treat the customer.

Sirius3D
Honored Guest
My Oculus are just 4-5 days old, and I guess I'm missing this gift. However, in my Ouclus account via website the device is not listed, but yes in the app. Could I get the game in any way?

vududeman
Expert Protege
Updated with link information in post below.

Jmart6
Honored Guest
I registered my Quest 2 yesterday 😞 

vududeman
Expert Protege
Looks like the full details here, does look like activating 11/20 and after and need to follow the directions to use the link cable  https://www.oculus.com/blog/were-celebrating-links-birthday-by-giving-away-asgards-wrath-to-new-ques...

kayadmt
Explorer
The fact that the Quest 2 has only been out a few months, and that new buyers get Asgard's Wrath for free....but not the people who just got one, is a kick in the teeth.  It is just a bs line to draw in the sand and say new people get something and literal days older buyers don't.

This needs to be changed.  Give everyone from day of release to January 31st 2021 the game, not just between now and Jan 31st.

Don't be that company.

jay.ogle.9250
Protege
Agree, there should be something for early purchasers. We just bought on faith that it would be worthwhile before we knew anything, really. I will remember this next time......Early bird gets the Germ! Thanks a lot, nice way to reward the faithful!

rtathegawd84
Protege
It seems to be becoming a pattern with the quest 2! F.B login needed, elite strap issues/recall, now this.. lots of bad ideas keep getting made that will end up affecting the brands image. I know the Q2 was cheap but oculus/FB aren't making good decisions for the customer base so I hope they start listening and use better judgment.

Personally I'm not that bothered myself as I have plenty of V.R games on steam but for someone else who's just got a quest 2 a few days ago before this or even at launch two months ago and is new to VR or the platform it does seem very unfair!!

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Completely agree.