cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Asgard's Wrath *for all Oculus Quest 2 owners

pcdrivers
Explorer
It seems incredible to me that they are only giving the game to new headsets connected to Oculus Link and not to all headsets.
59 REPLIES 59

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

As a Quest 1 user I'm extremely annoyed that all Quest 2 owners are getting this for free, Oculus just don't care about us... terrible company.

Yeah, I've only had the game for little more than a year and only played it for like 15 hours - I should get my $40 refunded!  😄  

This was one of the last games i bought from the Oculsu store last year before FB removed all the social media features and stuck them behind a FB account, and i have not even played it........but i am fine with this as i still love to see consumers sticking it to the man, just makes my initial outlay all the more sweeter.......viva la revolution commrades. lol

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

kayadmt
Explorer
So glad to see they listened.  Now just waiting for a ridiculously slow install of the Occulus software on my pc.  Less than a meg a second.  No idea why.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Bluuskyz said:

So I found out what to do, just send in a support ticket to oculus with the proof of purchase of your oculus quest 2 device, your Oculus Username and the SN of your oculus 2 device and they will add it to your account. Good luck

has any pre november 20 owners had the game added yet?  i noticed 1 person on another forum saying it has been added after filing a ticket earlier today......... 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

kayadmt
Explorer
Well....now I can't get them to give me the software, gotta send in a ticket I guess.

I feel like so many things with the Oculus are just....messy.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hmmm I have been periodically searching the store to see if Asgards Wrath shows as purchased and...... It's not even showing up in a store search any more. I have tried on phone app and a browser.   

Am I being blind?

edit it is now showing up in a search again.... it was definitely not however earlier.  Maybe oculus are trying something behind the scenes to get these to add in bulk?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^Have you sent them a support ticket with your proof of purchase date, the Q2 serial number and your usernams, as from what i can tell it looks like someone on supports end has to manually add the game to your account once they verify your details, so i imagine that will take some time maybe a week ot two depending on the backlog of requiest they are getting.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Asgards wrath now added to my account. Damn good value £276 for the quest 2 and a free £30 game

Add to that a new face plate and a halo head mount for £28 delivered. (From ali express)
And a £29 5m usb cable.

Bargain!

Glad you got it ok @bigmike20vt
Hopefully they find a way to do this automatically for previously connected Quest 2s without the manual invoice/serial number checks, otherwise some poor soul's going to be kept very busy.

I'm surprised hardware serial number reporting isn't a thing within the software, or it's just for anonymous fault reporting and usage, and can't be linked to accounts in that way.

kayadmt
Explorer
Has anyone actually managed to get them to give the game for free if you purchased as a pre order?  I haven't.  They answered two ticket requests then disappeared.  Been waiting for a few days now, and nothing.

kayadmt
Explorer
Managed to get it after about a week of trying.  The email system apparently sucks.  Try this.
https://tickets.oculusvr.com/

Make an account, and look for the chat bubble on the bottom right.  They added it in like 5 minutes after a bit of proof, and the serial number was given.