cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Asgard's Wrath *for all Oculus Quest 2 owners

pcdrivers
Explorer
It seems incredible to me that they are only giving the game to new headsets connected to Oculus Link and not to all headsets.
59 REPLIES 59

TwrchTrwydd
Adventurer
maybe you just have to ask for it 🙂
I had the same situation last year when I purchased my Quest-1 on Nov 17th 2019 and then found out that for purchases beginning with Nov 21st 2019 the Vader Immortal Trilogy was bundled for free.
So I contacted Oculus support (in December), had a nice chat with them and received he bundle for free :smiley:

Capalicious42
Explorer
I've had a Quest 2 for just under two months now, and this is a cheap move. Very much feels like, "We have your money already, so suck it." It's very much like Verizon and how the best offers only go to new customers. 

trek554
Adventurer
 Promos pop up all the time for various things and sometimes you are lucky and other times you miss out. 
WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kayadmt said:

The fact that the Quest 2 has only been out a few months, and that new buyers get Asgard's Wrath for free....but not the people who just got one, is a kick in the teeth.  It is just a bs line to draw in the sand and say new people get something and literal days older buyers don't.

This needs to be changed.  Give everyone from day of release to January 31st 2021 the game, not just between now and Jan 31st.

Don't be that company.

I spent more than $2000 in the Oculus Store - I should get my $40 back too - I pre-ordered more than 1 year ago  😄

x563h5seid8t.jpg

Then again, support the devs - $40 for Asgard's Wrath is an extremely small price to pay for maybe the best computer game ever made by humans (ok, maybe Alyx gets that award, but Asgard's Wrath is RPG and longer). 

Should cheapskates only paying $300 for their hmd really get a $40 game for free - but fine if Oculus insists on giving away the crown jewels for free, sigh. 

Giving away Asgard's Wrath is a massive PCVR platform push, thus it may be completely unrelated to early Quest 2 adopters. Thus Oculus is trying to push more new Quest 2 owners toward PCVR - and thus these tactics do not necessarily apply to previous Quest 2 owners where many may have bought Quest 2 only to play Quest standalone games. 2c.   

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

kayadmt said:

The fact that the Quest 2 has only been out a few months, and that new buyers get Asgard's Wrath for free....but not the people who just got one, is a kick in the teeth.  It is just a bs line to draw in the sand and say new people get something and literal days older buyers don't.

This needs to be changed.  Give everyone from day of release to January 31st 2021 the game, not just between now and Jan 31st.

Don't be that company.

The Q2 has only been out 5 weeks, not a few months, just to add salt to the wound. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

I've merged the 2 threads on this as there was one created just a couple days ago.

Can I request that users please do a quick search and add comments to existing threads before creating a new one, thanks.

bfenty
Honored Guest
Hopping on here to say that this is total BS. I literally bought my quest 2 days before and of course immediately connected using that overpriced link cable rather than waiting. This feels like a giant 'F YOU' to people who just bought the system. Poor way to handle it, for sure, especially for new people who don't have a good library of games to play, could be a great way to get you hyped for more.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think people should just think about the numbers before they start clutching their pearls. Before they announced this offer I'd say that it would be a very safe bet that Oculus/Facebook would have sold over a million of these things. So they've basically just given away £40,000,000 worth of games plus £40 times however many other people bought one of these headsets since the offer started. 😮

I can see them selling another million by the time the offer ends on 31st January next year. So (if they had this offer for EVERYONE that bought a Quest 2 since it started) they'll be looking at giving away £80,000,000 worth of games.

That's a BIG chunk of change.

Edited to take away the extra three zeros I put in cos I can't add up lol

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi.
I am reading on another forum that Oculus have just announced Asgards wrath is now available to all quest 2 owners..... However it's not showing up for me so can't confirm........  Has anyone else seen this?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Hi.
I am reading on another forum that Oculus have just announced Asgards wrath is now available to all quest 2 owners..... However it's not showing up for me so can't confirm........  Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, it's true:

https://twitter.com/OculusSupport/status/1330990423343464449

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"