cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GTA V First Person + Rift

LucidReality
Level 2
Many of you have probably seen this video and thought the exact same thing that I did:

Just look at how detailed the interior of the vehicles are! Just bit of tweaking with some mods and a fully first person GTA V is clearly achievable. Granted this mod currently exists on only Xbox 360, but I'd bet on this mod being made on the PC within 2 days of GTA V being released.

Now imagine the open world of Los Santos in the Rift. Exploring that whole world and causing mayhem in VR? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'd get lost in here all day. I might even try to drive around carefully and attempt to live a normal life in the game for a bit (until I get the urge to snap, of course!)

I know trying to get this to work on the rift is the first thing I'm going to do when GTA V is released on PC. If I can't achieve it fast enough, I know someone else will ๐Ÿ˜‰ imagine the extra publicity and hype Oculus would get if the Rift worked on such a popular, beautifully open-world game
24 REPLIES 24

TomSD
Level 2
"RirtualVeality" wrote:
Probably because 90fps isn't needed for good VR.

Right, it's 120fps that's needed! Hahaha.

Glad to see at least one other person isn't delusional about this ridiculousness. DK2 @ 75Hz works great when the entire end-to-end system is operating correctly.
i7-4770K, 2x GTX 780 SLI, Windows 7 64-bit, Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0

donkaradiablo
Level 3
It's 85.
Design with input solution, unifying mobile and PC product lines the input solution that could have been ideas Revolutionize the way we interact with... Change the world... Community...

tamonte
Level 2
"donkaradiablo" wrote:
It's 85.

Interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, back to the topic.

How's the tracking working in the game?

I read the rotational tracking isn't 1 to 1, that must feel weird.
Does it have head positional tracking?

jzer0
Level 2
Positional tracking (usually) works only with Geometry 3D mode. Some games with G3D still don't have positional tracking. Skyrim is the only game where this seems to work fairly well so far.

Welby
Level 5
"Naimzim" wrote:
"BlackMage" wrote:
Not a terribly good reference for current hardware but my 980GTX with a 4790K at stock clocks runs 1080 at 100fps with everything maxed out except for MSAA which I left off. Other than the crashes the game is surprisingly optimized.

100FPS all max out, no AA, with gtx980?! I am using a 980 too and getting 55 to 80. Are you playing online or campaing with 100fps!? Thanks.

What CPU do you have? Usually a lot of people tend to forgot how much a CPU can make the difference.. He has an I7 4790K with a gtx 980 and not only the gtx 980.. so probably if you've a worse CPU that could be the reason why you have much less fps.