cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games running with vorpX

MartinCaine
Honored Guest
Having had access to the vorpX beta for a few days now I've been working through my library of games and I'm planning on writing up a few articles covering my experience with the driver.

Here's the first post featuring GRID, Dear Esther, Mass Effect 2, and Left 4 Dead:
http://martincaine.com/gaming/day_twenty_three_with_the_oculus_rift_vorpx_beta

The 'normal' Z-buffer 3D method works with quite a few DirectX9+ based games, but even those that don't support the stereoscopic mode will still run just fine with no stereoscopy. So I'm asking what games do you want me to try with the driver?

I'll be posting gameplay videos as I go, recorded at Oculus Rift DevKit native resolution of 1280x800 at 60fps which can be watched back on your Oculus Rift 🙂

Current list of suggestions:
Slender
Civilisation V
MS Flight Simulator
Ghost Recon
Bioshock Infinite
Mafia 2
Halo
Halo 2
F1 2012
Battlefield 3
URU
System Shock 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
rfactor2
Star Wars: Republic Commando
F3AR
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Metro 2033
Far Cry 3
Bulletstorm
Morrowind
38 REPLIES 38

MrGeddings
Explorer
be nice if the guy release the thing already. Upsets me a little that hes giving out beta access most likely free to some people and yet he cant bother to go ahead and open it up for people to order now and have access to the beta_+ final release whats so bad about that? It would be smarter too as he would actually be able to start making money from it. and really since there are not that many games that work for the Rift yet it would add a lot of games that would! please release it already i really honestly dont want to hear another beta reviewer over it. I want the beta to be released to people who are willing to pay now seriously!

Sighs. he said it would be out shortly after the rifts started shipping that was two months ago and he has had his Rift for nearly two months now as well what is the holdup? The perception drivers works at spotty best and works "well" for only a handful of games.

Please dont take forever over this one ok?

MartinCaine
Honored Guest
"MrGeddings" wrote:
It would be smarter too as he would actually be able to start making money from it. and really since there are not that many games that work for the Rift yet it would add a lot of games that would! please release it already i really honestly dont want to hear another beta reviewer over it. I want the beta to be released to people who are willing to pay now seriously!

vorpX currently doesn't support very many games officially though. Quite a few of the older games listed in this thread display fine with the vorpX driver but with no stereoscopy. It's nice to be able to play these games in the Rift but it will be nicer when the stereoscopic rendering works in more games (and makes more sense to wait to release it when more games are officially supported, especially the more popular ones).

rorster
Honored Guest
Yawn

Another vote here for being sick of waiting for this to be released in whatever stage works or doesn't ! Stop hyping it up and put your money where your mouth is release the dam thing already before someone else get ahead of you !

XboxWigger
Honored Guest
"DokoMaster" wrote:
"spire8989" wrote:
Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas

This and S.T.A.L.K.E.R please

Yes please S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!!!!

MartinCaine
Honored Guest
"mbuehler" wrote:
F1 2012! Need a good current gen racing game in there with open cockpits!

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on this, I have tried the formula series in GRID which was pretty intense!

"nihilian" wrote:
battlefield 3 please, with hardcore mode it would really feel like you're there!

I've played quite a bit of Battlefield 3 now with vorpX and will be covering it in my next update 🙂

"jojon" wrote:
No chance you've got a copy of the Myst spinoff "URU", installed and ready to try, is there?

I do actually have this, will give it a try some time.

"Pingles" wrote:
System Shock 2

Definitely will have to try this! Loved the game when it was first released.

"spire8989" wrote:
Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas

Got both, shall try these out but don't want to get sucked in to replaying them again!

"vittorio" wrote:
Please, one of the top racing sims (IMHO the top racing sim): rfactor2

Will keep an eye out for this demo and give it a go, my PC barely plays GRID on high settings at 60fps though!

"backstaia" wrote:
Star Wars - Republic Commando #nostalgia 😄

Would love to try this, will have to see if I can get a copy somewhere. Used to play all the old Jedi Knight games but never this one.

"baggyg" wrote:
Slender: The Arrival (The Sequel to Slender)
F3AR (The third fear game)
Alien: Colonial Marines
Metro 2033
Far Cry 3

I'll add 'em to the list. I do have a couple of these already to try.

"RoTaToR1979" wrote:
Bulletstorm :twisted:

Got this on 360 but will have to see if I can get it cheap for PC somewhere.

"Ananas" wrote:
I'd like to see how System Shock 2 and Morrowind would run with VorpX

Me too! There's a third party Morrowind executable with Rift support but had to compile it from source. I do plan on trying Morrowind with vorpX at some point.

moomin
Honored Guest
Unreal Tournament 3 !!!
YEah!!!

MartinCaine
Honored Guest
"moomin" wrote:
Unreal Tournament 3 !!!

Will give it a blast, I've already tried a few UE3 based games (one of my favourites is Sanctum).

Elsparko
Explorer
sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but did anyone ever get Republic Commando working with VorpX? If i knew that and Episode One racer worked on it, it'd be an immediate purchase for me

VizionVR
Rising Star
VorpX has a forum. Did you try asking there?
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.