cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the HP Reverb G2 for just $450! (Edit: Large G2 update revealed Oct 2021!)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

More info here:

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-2021-deal-price/

Get it here: 

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-reverb-g2-virtual-reality-headset

reverb-g2-headset-banner1.jpg

reverb-g2-headset-banner2.jpg

reverb-g2-headset-tile1.gif

   

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow great price for that headset.

ran_thru
Explorer

Might be a nice change since Oculus is not supporting the original Quest with replacement components like controllers. . . . looks sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

I guess for the price you can't find anything better - no other hmd has that res and that totally awesome sound - at least not for $450. 

Index is still $1000 - and the Vive Pro 2 with base stations won't come cheap too. So getting external tracking will more than double the price, and if you're used to (or can accept) inside-out tracking G2 should be fine. Probably the most popular hmd among simmers. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuneSR2 wrote:

I guess for the price you can't find anything better - no other hmd has that res and that totally awesome sound - at least not for $450. 

Index is still $1000 - and the Vive Pro 2 with base stations won't come cheap too. So getting external tracking will more than double the price, and if you're used to (or can accept) inside-out tracking G2 should be fine. Probably the most popular hmd among simmers. 

Yeah Reverb G2 is quite popular with flight simmers for sure. 

ohgrant
Superstar

A steal at that price, I can say I love mine for the image quality and especially the colors, even compared to my G1, which was the same res. 

For those already invested with a Vive, or those that just want lighthouse/ Index tracking, very possible and a great marriage. Revive has been a pain lately, but got a chance to restart Lone Eco the other night with the G2 and Index controllers. Just wow.

I would venture to say there is a percentage of consumers that are not interested in mobile or even wireless VR. For those that are considering PCVR and thinking about getting a Quest 2 IMO would be much better off getting the G2 if they don't intend to use the mobile or wireless features. Why put up with limited playtime because of battery issues, why have all that extra weight of the internal components.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

@ohgrant wrote:

For those that are considering PCVR and thinking about getting a Quest 2 IMO would be much better off getting the G2 i

At this price point, why not just get both the Q2 and G2? Seems the best of both worlds!

The G2 is very tempting at this price. If it wasn't for the fact that I've played just about every PCVR title worth playing (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions tops), I would totally order one.

I can certainly agree with that. I wouldn't want to be without either of them. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

I wouldn't put any money into an another Quest System to have a similar experience to what is happening right now with the controller issue for the original Quest. I'm not into getting burned twice. If Oculus/Facebook would continue supporting Quest by making Quest 2 controllers backward compatible, I may have considered the upgrade to Q2 for my kids. This has been such a disappointing experience regarding the controllers and lack of support that I would be too nervous to invest anymore money in any Quest system. A promising future at this point seems better than a future of broken promises. I don't enjoy wasting money, I despise wasting time, and I especially despise illogical business practices. I will purchase a G2 and give them a shot before I ever invest in a Q2 without an impressive turnaround regarding the availability of replacement hardware.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Note that HP just improved a lot of things with the G2, more info here:

https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-g2-update/

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-update-us-commonly-requested-improvements/