cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic's card/ video card USB C question.

Imposabear64
Level 2
im trying to build a pc and so i can play VR pc games. lets say the Video card or the mother board dose not have a USB C port for the link.  Do they have an adapter or something that i can use like USB C female to usb male? or would i have to just buy a new motherboard or video card with a USB C port.  
7 REPLIES 7

Nunyabinez
Level 8
You just need USB 3.1 ports. USB C is a form. USB C can be USB 2.0 or UBS 3.1. You can buy USB 3.1 cables that have USB A on one end and USB C on the other, or you could buy a USB 3.1 cable with USB A on both ends and use a USB 3.1 adapter. The later is what I use. One weird thing is even though USB C is supposed to be plug any direction, some adapters I have used only work one direction. But they work.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

grandsport2lt
Level 2
I recently bought the Oculus Quest 2 thinking I would need the $75 cable to work with my Asus G11 Gaming Desktop, Intel Quad-Core i5 6400 and realized that I have the standard type usb. Is the type c adapter all I need or is there a cheaper work around that will work? Thanks  

Nunyabinez
Level 8
grandsport2lt said:

I recently bought the Oculus Quest 2 thinking I would need the $75 cable to work with my Asus G11 Gaming Desktop, Intel Quad-Core i5 6400 and realized that I have the standard type usb. Is the type c adapter all I need or is there a cheaper work around that will work? Thanks  

If you have a USB 3.1 Port and a USB 3 Cable (blue inside) then all you would need is a USB 3 Type A Female to USB Type C Male adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01COOQIKU/?coliid=I3AVVTIXPW41SV&colid=13W4AHT3R9DJA&psc=1

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

grandsport2lt
Level 2
that would work if it was the right gender... I need standard usb (type A male) to (female type C) but would rather just get a cheaper cable if it will work from PC to VR.

like this one. can't post the link just yet(newbie)

Quest Link Cable 16ft, VOKOO Oculus Quest Link Cable, High Speed Data Transfer & Fast Charging USB C Cable Compatible for Oculus Quest Headset and Gaming PC

Nunyabinez
Level 8
Yes, that cable would work just fine and has a good rating, assuming that your ports are good.

grandsport2lt
Level 2
Great! Placed an order. I will reply back once received. Thanks!

grandsport2lt
Level 2
Worked great but need to upgrade processor.