cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings!

davidwyandgg
Explorer
Hello fellow Oculus Rift developers and enthusiasts! Looks like this might be the first post ever in the developer forums so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm David Wyand, Head of Torque 3D development at GarageGames. Torque 3D is an open source game engine that is available from GitHub. You may find out some more about it here: http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d.

This year we've added Leap Motion controller support, and will push out Razer Hydra support this week. I look forward to integrating the Oculus Rift with Torque 3D and seeing what our community comes up with once the developer kit is released. We have a few Kickstarter supporters in our ranks (including myself) and we can't wait to get started!

- Dave
984 REPLIES 984

rocca
Honored Guest
Hello, i'm Paul
I am very happy to be part of VR community.

carmamir
Honored Guest
Very interesting project, I might put this engine to some tests.....

SerVitor
Expert Protege
Hi, just jumped onto this merry ship 😄

Genuine question: if i order the DK2 today 9/10/14 will i get it by 25/12/14 ?
i5-4690k 16 gig Ram Win 7 64bit 8 gig ZOTAC AMP EDITION GTX1080

vargh
Honored Guest
DK2 is on the way, time to get my hands dirty 🙂

scottyd1
Honored Guest
Hey guys! Got a DK2 yesterday and managed to get it working. What a rush! Great job.

I'm a retired engineer with 30 years at Intel and I have not been so impressed with a technology leap since I built my first computer. Indescribable.

I am slightly biased being a hardware engineer, but the software needs some help. Keep up the good work!

Scott from Washington (US).

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey Scott.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

styngvi
Honored Guest
Hi, my name is Stefán. I am a 22 year old student living in the Netherlands. I am doing a study called Art and Technology and had a chance to try the Oculus Rift in class recently and it blew my mind. Now I want to know more about VR and perhaps start developing games for it. I think this community will be a great platform for me to learn more and get answers to any questions I might have in the future.

vrcover
Explorer
Hi everyone!

Jay here, 33 year old guy living in Thailand. Studied multimedia design in Australia, got a job in a product design company in Bangkok and spent the last 10 years living in Asia.

I'm so excited about the VR revolution and what this could do for humanity. I hope I can dedicate myself more to VR with a cause in the long run. I currently work on a game and also a psychology related VR project besides VR Cover (a cover to keep your Oculus clean) which I do together with my wife.

Its an exciting time! 🙂

bilago
Honored Guest
"vrcover" wrote:
Hi everyone!

Jay here, 33 year old guy living in Thailand. Studied multimedia design in Australia, got a job in a product design company in Bangkok and spent the last 10 years living in Asia.

I'm so excited about the VR revolution and what this could do for humanity. I hope I can dedicate myself more to VR with a cause in the long run. I currently work on a game and also a psychology related VR project besides VR Cover (a cover to keep your Oculus clean) which I do together with my wife.

Its an exciting time! 🙂

I'm desperately waiting for my covers!! 😉
[Obsolete] Oculus Service Manager - https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11395 [Unofficial] VR Game Manager - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12754

Adder500
Honored Guest
Hi everyone!

I'm from the UK and have worked in the hardware industry for enthusiast and high-end gaming PCs and peripherals for a long time now. I'm fairly new to game design, but am really looking forward to doing this with VR.

As I'm typing this, my DK2 has just been delivered - I am SO EXCITED!! 😄