cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess How Many New Rift Owners There Are since the Summer Sale Promo?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Being honest and realistic, how many new Rift owners do you think the Summer Sale will have attracted once its over?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
130 REPLIES 130

Eleventybillion.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
If we're talking about how many of those summer orders are actually in the hands of customers as we speak....4

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
50k exactly. Well when everyone gets them anyway.
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well since Oculus does not seem to share numbers how will you know who gets closest?

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

Eleventybillion.

There is only one number in the universe that is eleventybillion, that is the number of threads asking when their Rift is shipping. Next week it will be twelvetybillion! This is 10 more than currently open support tickets.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Whatever the real number may be, we can all rest assured that the number is impressive enough to give the corporate leaders at HTC anal leakage.

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
At least we all love to think so baha :tongue:

Obviously we have seen some shipping issues.... ok... a lot of shipping issues. Do you think they tried at all to manufacture in bulk before the sale? cos I would have lol.
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
If you look at the Activity tab on these forums it shows between 400 -1000 new users every day so I am multiplying that by 30 days to get between 25,000 - 50,000. If the number was much more we'd see way more whine threads.  😄

I think it's safe to say that the majority of people who wanted a Rift already purchased one before now. Oculus are just moping up the stragglers at this point. imo.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm sure the number will get higher when all the vive owners have received their new rift and happily sold their vive 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.