cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GunJack Game/Hardware Help

FarSight13
Protege
Ok, I'm new to this, just got an OR, so I'm happy, 🙂 I got the OR Application setup, got Steam VR installed, went to  Steam Preferences and played around with saying yes, to the Xbox 360 controller which already works in other non-VR games on Steam, but for GunJack, am I stupid? 😉 I can't get my Touch controllers, a wired 360 or a wireless xbox one controller to work with this. It seems like they are registering in game, I hear little bleep noises when I push a button, but at the beginning of GunJack, it says "Press RT to start" and I assume that is Right Trigger? None of the Right Triggers I've tried register. What am I doing wrong? Is this a keyboard mouse game? I guess I could try that, but thought I'd ask here too.
Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
Touch controllers work fine for Gunjack here...have you got you controllers 'paired' in the Oculus settings?

EDIT - Also make sure you are launching Gunjack from SteamVR and not the Oculus Home...you can Launch SteamVR from the Oculus Home or just from the Steam Library screen.
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

FarSight13
Protege

CodeTen68 said:

Touch controllers work fine for Gunjack here...have you got you controllers 'paired' in the Oculus settings?

EDIT - Also make sure you are launching Gunjack from SteamVR and not the Oculus Home...you can Launch SteamVR from the Oculus Home or just from the Steam Library screen.

I had done the pairing controllers on initial setup, but today, I ran it again, and now my Touch Controllers are responsive to the game. The only strange thing I've noticed in the tutorial it says to hit X to reload. Now maybe it thinks I'm using a xbox 360 controller which I believe is configured, but the reload key on the Touch Controllers is pressing the joystick on the right controller. Thanks for your help!

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
ah yes thats right...I believe its because it was initially made for the Vive controllers but I could be wrong.
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

FarSight13
Protege
Gunjack is acting up again. I've got the Oculus App launched, I checked there and all of my devices are powered.
I turn on Steam VR, and while wearing the headset select Gunjack in my Oculus Library.
It launches and it says push RT to start. Right trigger is unresponsive on my Right Touch Controller and on my Xbox controller. What gives with this?
Please let me know if it's operator error. Thanks!

Update: It looks like I have to launch this game from Steam, not from the OR App. But then the sound does not work, until I open my sound control panel and switch the output. The computer is not smart enough to know which I'm using.