cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Custom clearance in Korea

tcboy88
Explorer
First of all, I receive a message about a parcel is detained in custom, waiting for clearance.
I am NOT SURE whether it is from Oculus or not, but since I didnt order anything international recently, I guess it is.
EA176348102HK (It is from Hongkong heading towards Korea)
I sent an inquiry to oculus support, but I think it will take a long time before they reply, so I decided to ask here first.

I emailed the custom in Korea, and they ask me to fill in a form, which I attached in my dropbox https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18371015/Customs_Declaration_Form%281%29.doc
The problem is, I dont know about the declared value, custom clearance number, product description in detail, and etc
as Oculus didn't send me any receipt or even any information.
I cant fill in the form. (I remember I saw from somewhere in this forum, where Rift is declared as gaming headset??)

I don't have any experience in clearing the custom myself.
Usually it is done by Fedex internal broker, and it is easy, as long as I pay.
(Oculus should use Fedex or DHL :oops: )

Anyone can help?
4 REPLIES 4

longshot
Honored Guest
Hi, I would wait for Oculus support, but in case they are slow, what I would do is -

Print out your order information from www.oculus.com/sales

I believe the harmonization code( customs clearance code ) should be 9504.10

From what I've heard, the Asian fulfillment center has not been using the correct declared value. So this might case an issue for you, but it should be ok if you show the receipt.

tcboy88
Explorer
Well if the Asian fulfillment center is using the incorrect declared value, which is lower than 300USD, it would be a good news for me, because I dont need to pay tax. (I saw 132USD on Japan buyer in another thread in this forum)

Too bad someone else in Korea already did exactly as what you suggested, emailing the 300+30USD receipt from oculus.com/sales to custom support.

Therefore, I am also receiving an email from custom saying that I need to pay 10% tax for the 330USD value T_T.

longshot
Honored Guest
Then they are lucky. Once an invoice has been deemed fraudulent by customs, customs officials can basically asses any value that they feel like, and charge a penalty. I've had this happen before, and it was very expensive.

tcboy88
Explorer
Damn, the receipt and declaration form both stated 132USD.
But I am being taxed for 10% of 330USD

It is because some one else already send the online receipt (330USD) to custom
So custom calculates the tax based on 330USD instead of the 132USD declared value.

I am so sad.
since the Oculus distribution center in HongKong was so KIND to declared it at 132USD, which is just below the taxation point.
But I still paying tax for the full price.
It is like wasting the effort of HongKong distribution center.