cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMD flashing orange light

Solsland
Level 5
Hi all, (yet) another issue that you might be able to help me with.

Turn PC on, Rift light flashing orange and not starting...

Have disconnected, restarted machine, nothing except an orange flashing light.

As is usual, this has happened when a friend has come round to experience the rift....
5 REPLIES 5

Greyman
Level 9
Open OH and click on the cog in the top right.  Then select settings and look at the devices tab.  Against the image of the Rift, see if the light is green and if not what does the message say?

i had something apparently similar and the message was something about HDMI not being connected so I just carefully unplugged the HDMI cable and then plugged it back in again.  The cable had been properly seated and I had power-cycled several times, but I suspect that my 970 was probably getting confused.

If it isn't the same issue, just let us know what the status message says.

good luck.

Solsland
Level 5
That solved it, thanks

Greyman
Level 9
Glad I could help 🙂

xxdylanbrownxx
Level 2

Greyman said:

Open OH and click on the cog in the top right.  Then select settings and look at the devices tab.  Against the image of the Rift, see if the light is green and if not what does the message say?

i had something apparently similar and the message was something about HDMI not being connected so I just carefully unplugged the HDMI cable and then plugged it back in again.  The cable had been properly seated and I had power-cycled several times, but I suspect that my 970 was probably getting confused.

If it isn't the same issue, just let us know what the status message says.

good luck.

what is oh

I believe they meant "Oculus Home." Or, more appropriately, the Oculus desktop App.