Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Running inside and dealing with the terminal correctly will stop the alarm, and the sentinels will calm down after that. Staying outside fighting them just seems to escalate the situation, unless you manage to kill them off quickly.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I had my 1st pirate a "mostly harmless" (do they have elite dangerous rankings) with 100'000 bounty. I killed him but didn't seem to get any money (did get some copper though) did I do something wrong or do I have to hand bounty voucher in.
Sorry for all the questions I know I could Google but am trying to learn some bits and bobs but avoid spoilers
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Well it was a few patches ago and when I killed them I waited until they were facing away and they did respawn but there was some time inbetween spawns and the new sentries didn't pay me any attention. Perhaps it was a bug

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I've killed a few pirates with bounties and didn't see that I got any reward. I'm not sure if there's just no message about it, or if it's broken (I didn't look at my total cash before and after, so I might have gotten something).

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Died for the 1st time last night (annoying too as I lost an entire space station of chatting to folk and learning words. I was ambushed by pirates (is it possible to drop cargo to save from destruction). I had swapped weapons and had rubbish missiles and in my panic could not figure out how to swap back.

I raised a few buildings. So far not managed to successfully unlock any computer I either answered wrong, didn't have required item or didn't have an atlas key.

Still , made a little progress. Desperately want that cargo ship... Oh and how long before the Stargate system is fully operational?

Thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Top 15 things players should do
 10+ tips and trick
Trading and economy
 Weapon upgrades for multi tool
 Ship and weapons upgrades

On my to watch list , he has more on Besides these

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
After slinging cobalt and buried tech for the last several days I hung out at a sizable trading post and watched ships come and go for about 20 minutes.  Finally bought an A-class shuttle for about 5 million or so.  
I didn't trade my ship, I just purchased the new one outright.  I couldn't bring myself to trade in my original starship that started it all.  That thing is probably going to be with me forever.
What happens to my original ship now?  After I flew off in the new one (and remembered the great tip about dismantling everything in the old ship prior to buying a new one), I left the old one sitting on the outpost landing pad.  I'm assuming it will be there when I return later to this outpost? 
Is this true, do previous ships just stay where you leave them?  I don't have a freighter to store it on.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They don't stay put forever, but you can summon them at any time from the Quick Menu, and you can switch back and forth between which is your active ship. Once you own a freighter, your ships will all reside there (you can own up to six). Sometimes they don't show up like they're supposed too--I had to save on my freighter and then reload that save to get them to appear.

I spent the last couple nights getting my most recent crashed ship fixed up--it's a B-class Explorer, with 25+7 slots. I was going to just sell it for a new one rather than repair it, but I found that you don't get the same trade-in value if the inventory and tech slots are not usable. Once I got all the slots fixed, I decided to deck it out with upgrades and keep it.

Ebetsun's Experiment:
qhozbibf1ten.jpg

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I think I hit a bug last night either that or I have a general missunderstanding on what I was doing. I got my 1st freighter. Wow those things are massive , I think it is basically the same as the massive crashed one I found (are they all the same or do they vary like the small ships?)

Anyway the game is telling me to build a base on it however it tells me to point to build menu. When I do the holographic build wand pops up for a split second then it closes. The rest of the UI was working. At this point it was 1:20 am so I turned off . Is this a bug or stupidity?

I am finding myself a little overwhelmed. I have 3 or 4 main missions on the go and some side quests. I can't seem to be able to stick to 1 thing and keep getting side tracked.

I know you can call your freighter to the system you are in but I imagine to do that you need a lot of fuel?

Oh last question. Say I want to refine 50 units of copper but not all of it how to I take 50 units? At moment I am putting everything in which may not always be what I want

Thanks