Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

bigmike20vt
Visionary
sounds like performance is just getting better and better.  i have not been in since sat last week and think it has had at least 1 update since then.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
A new experimental branch patch released today, which contains further VR rendering optimizations, as well as a fix for the Blaze Javelin not working in VR mode.

I already dismantled the Blaze Javelin that came with my new multi-tool, so I guess I'll have to go buy the blueprint so I can try it out.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

bigmike20vt
Visionary
did my 1st hyperspace jump today also broke into a manufacturing facility... (my minig laser just pissed off the security so had to use my ship weapons to break door down.  got in an tried to hack terminal...... apparently i needed a micro controller but didnt have one so forced system into lockdown.
really struggling with inventory. my exosuit is full i keep having to abandon stuff and my ship is not much better.  Apparently thge story will take me to a crashed cargo ship i can fix up at some point.  i hope iit comes soon.   just made fuel and ready for another jump but that wil have to be next time as i am knackered.   night all! 🙂
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take down doors down with boltcaster, make sure you have plenty of ammo.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I always use my ship. It’s easier to blast them, then land and run in quickly. Plus, you get an autosave right before going in, so if you screw up on the terminal, you can try again. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

nalex66 said:

HBAO is ambient occlusion, which adds a bit of subtle shading where objects are near each other (like a little shade line where the bottom of an object touches the floor). I don’t think it’s too performance-heavy, so you could try turning it on and see if you like it. 

Post processing is usually visual effects like lens flare and bloom, and other tweaks to the visuals that are added after rendering (I’m not sure what specific effects are included for this game).

Volumetric effects are things like smoke, fog, and particles floating in the air.

Terrain tesselation is the amount of geometric detail in the terrain—setting it lower.might make hills and cave walls look more polygonal, higher would increase the number of faces to allow more complex or natural shapes. 

I haven't touched v-sync in the Nvidia control panel; I have it set to the default “let the application decide” and I turned off v-sync in the game menu (I’m not sure if it’s still there, or if they removed it when they took away settings that don’t do anything for the VR version). Maybe I should see if it makes any difference, but I’m not really experiencing any frame rate issues that I notice. 

Thanks Nalex for the explanations.  I went ahead and turned up Tesselation and Volumetric one notch to High.  So now I have 6 out of the 8 main settings on High with the other 2 on Enhanced.  Still haven't turned on HBAO yet.
I did however turn down Anisotropic Filtering from 16x to 8x.  Not sure how expensive this setting is but from what little I read you get diminishing returns when going way high for this setting.  So I figured I would reduce it a bit to add some budget back to other settings I might like better (HBAO for example).   
On another note, I made another 2 million tonight with Cobalt and Buried Tech.  I really don't know if I should continue to save money to buy another ship.  I found another outpost with lots of landing pads and it was quite active with ships.  I put down a save beacon so I can return to it easily.

Star-lizard
Rising Star
So one trick I use agenst the security dogs is I teleport ontop of a structure and just pick the off with no risk

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I assume it is possible to jetpack up for those usng full locomotion?.. thanks for the tip
Do the security drones keep on respawning or is there a way to shut them up?

Star-lizard
Rising Star
I only had two show up and I killed both with no respawns

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Interesting. I tried shooting then and they kept respawning getting stronger and stronger a bit like the 1-5 police wanted rating in GTA