cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

maxpare79
Trustee

RedRizla said:

maxpare79 said:

inovator said:

OC is way to close to chance a preorder even if I was willing to chance it without regular user reviews. I dont want to miss out on an oculus 150 fov.

Like I said there's like 0 risk in preordering, because they won't even charge your card until it ships, and you can cancel at anytime. And if the headset sucks with hp you usually have 30 days to try it and return it. I did this with the Odyssey plus and the Reverb G1. It's a free rental and you get to try it for yourself instead of relying on someone else opinion.

If there is one thing I learned over the years about VR, it's that VR is a personal experience. Nobody experience it the same way, and the flaws of a product don't have the same impact on each individuals. 

You might be wrong about that because I was charged when I placed my Pre -Order. The money was taken straight away from the UK Vendor selling the HP G2.

In the US they do a temporary hold of the amount on your card and they remove it a few days later, you are charged when it ships. But even if your seller charges the full amount before it ships, they can refund you if you cancel before it does
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

maxpare79
Trustee

Zenbane said:

The only reason I'm not jumping to pre-order this lovely Gen 2 Reverb is because Oculus Connect is right around the corner. I want to be sure that there are no plans to release a new Oculus PCVR headset; whether in the form of a new Rift or some Quest Hybrid where PCVR is native (not merely integrated with a cable or localized App).

That's prudent, and is possible a Quest 1.5 is announced.  Is your reasoning to stay team Oculus based on the company's track record of producing "quality" headsets, your oculus library tied to oculus headsets or something else? You purchased a Quest  but what about the Rift S? If you're still running that now very aged CV1, then the jump to the Reverb G2 would be quite spectacular for you. I doubt Oculus will release a new PC VR headset this year but it's possible it could be announced. Have you considered buying the Reverb G2 and using it and then selling it or sending it back if it doesn't tick all your boxes, or if Oculus release a new headset that agrees with you? I generally have sold all of my unwanted VR headsets even if at a loss. I kept the CV1 (boxed up) Gear VR, Go actually so maybe that's a thing holding on to Oculus headsets above all others. Either way, it will be interesting to see if Oculus can silence the naysayers and come out with some new exciting gear that entices people back into the fold. If Oculus present a decent headset that's agreeable to me then as always I'm in.

I would love nothing more then come back to Oculus. The Oculus Home interface for me is the best out there, I hate dealing with Steamvr or the WinMR portal. But they really need to up their game in the PC hardware department to win me back. The fact that they didn't even care building the S in-house tells me they don't really care about PC anymore. 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Anonymous
Not applicable

Either way, it will be interesting to see if Oculus can silence the naysayers and come out with some new exciting gear that entices people back into the fold. If Oculus present a decent headset that's agreeable to me then as always I'm in.

The only problem I have this this statement is that - its like buying a new CPU - you buy every other one if they are only doing small upgrades per line up. So of course - I think a lot of people will buy Oculus if they come out saying they have another PC-Only-Headset if those same people have already skip Rift S release. Plus unless they totally fail - its going to be a nail biter close consideration as Oculus will have their Oculus things already in place while HP/G2 will have what they have. What I mean by this is if you are looking for touches that have proxy sensors - then you already know that Oculus will be around the 400$ range with controllers that already fit the bill for that need.

kojack
MVP
MVP

maxpare79 said:

The fact that they didn't even care building the S in-house tells me they don't really care about PC anymore. 

Although they also didn't build the Go in house, it was made by Xiaomi. So back before the Quest was announced people could have said the same thing about Oculus not caring about mobile. But then they did release another mobile headset. The same could happen here with PC VR.

Or not, I really have no idea what Oculus is up to, I'm buying a G2 once it's available in Australia and I check some reviews.
I agree with you on the SteamVR/WMR bit. I've never used WMR but SteamVR annoys me. Not just as a rift user, but also using Vives.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

inovator
Consultant

maxpare79 said:

Zenbane said:

The only reason I'm not jumping to pre-order this lovely Gen 2 Reverb is because Oculus Connect is right around the corner. I want to be sure that there are no plans to release a new Oculus PCVR headset; whether in the form of a new Rift or some Quest Hybrid where PCVR is native (not merely integrated with a cable or localized App).

That's prudent, and is possible a Quest 1.5 is announced.  Is your reasoning to stay team Oculus based on the company's track record of producing "quality" headsets, your oculus library tied to oculus headsets or something else? You purchased a Quest  but what about the Rift S? If you're still running that now very aged CV1, then the jump to the Reverb G2 would be quite spectacular for you. I doubt Oculus will release a new PC VR headset this year but it's possible it could be announced. Have you considered buying the Reverb G2 and using it and then selling it or sending it back if it doesn't tick all your boxes, or if Oculus release a new headset that agrees with you? I generally have sold all of my unwanted VR headsets even if at a loss. I kept the CV1 (boxed up) Gear VR, Go actually so maybe that's a thing holding on to Oculus headsets above all others. Either way, it will be interesting to see if Oculus can silence the naysayers and come out with some new exciting gear that entices people back into the fold. If Oculus present a decent headset that's agreeable to me then as always I'm in.

I would love nothing more then come back to Oculus. The Oculus Home interface for me is the best out there, I hate dealing with Steamvr or the WinMR portal. But they really need to up their game in the PC hardware department to win me back. The fact that they didn't even care building the S in-house tells me they don't really care about PC anymore. 

I think they care about pc is why they have the link. But your on the right track. .They care about standalone  more because that's what will get the masses.They care enough about pc that they will at least keep a hybrid going.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Rift S being manufactured by a third party might be down to Hans Hartmann, the COO they headhunted from Fitbit.

In terms of the 'Oculus have been working on these headsets' timeline it goes:

Quest 》Go 》Rift S

So this could point to Oculus doing this for ALL future headsets.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

pyroth309 said:

Hmm, I used to keep up with the revive dev but I haven't in awhile. I'll have to pop in and see what's going on. A lot of times he breaks older games inadvertently when they do updates and you either have to wait for a fix to the new problems or roll back to an older version to play that game. It is what it is with 3rd party apps.

Now this i did not know, i will have to check this out, fingers crossed that is all it is, cheers. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Is your reasoning to stay team Oculus based on the company's track record of producing "quality" headsets, your oculus library tied to oculus headsets or something else? You purchased a Quest  but what about the Rift S?

I purchased Quest and GO due to my desire to enter in the VR Enterprise sector. Stand-alone VR HMD's are the key to success in VR for Business. Quest and GO were the best bang-for-your-buck in this category, with very little competition.

The only reason I have stuck with the Rift CV1 this long is because the VR Software ecosystem hasn't really grown enough to warrant spending any extra money. I'm not much of a videophile myself, and even now in 2020 the best visuals seem to come from Hellblade, Asgard's Wrath, Stormland, and Alyx. Everything else is just about boosting stuff I've already experienced, and I don't typically spend money to enhance things I'm already doing well. I usually look to upgrade an experience in order to close the gap on something I'm missing out on entirely. For me, going from Resolution X to Resolution Y isn't enough to warrant upgrading. I can typically wait longer and instead go from Resolution X to Resolution Z.

I'm also trying to hold out long enough for a true Gen 2 VR HMD, not just a Version 2 of an existing product.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Zenbane said:

Is your reasoning to stay team Oculus based on the company's track record of producing "quality" headsets, your oculus library tied to oculus headsets or something else? You purchased a Quest  but what about the Rift S?

I purchased Quest and GO due to my desire to enter in the VR Enterprise sector. Stand-alone VR HMD's are the key to success in VR for Business. Quest and GO were the best bang-for-your-buck in this category, with very little competition.

The only reason I have stuck with the Rift CV1 this long is because the VR Software ecosystem hasn't really grown enough to warrant spending any extra money. I'm not much of a videophile myself, and even now in 2020 the best visuals seem to come from Hellblade, Asgard's Wrath, Stormland, and Alyx. Everything else is just about boosting stuff I've already experienced, and I don't typically spend money to enhance things I'm already doing well. I usually look to upgrade an experience in order to close the gap on something I'm missing out on entirely. For me, going from Resolution X to Resolution Y isn't enough to warrant upgrading. I can typically wait longer and instead go from Resolution X to Resolution Z.

I'm also trying to hold out long enough for a true Gen 2 VR HMD, not just a Version 2 of an existing product.

What is it you are wanting to see in a true Gen 2 headset, if you don't mind me asking. I typically look at VR headsets like I do a television screen or computer monitor where resolution is a big part of the upgrade. Even things like foveated rendering will just allow you to use higher resolutions screens, but with the benefit of not having to upgrade to the highest end Graphics card.
I saw you mention software as the main thing, but software for VR will remain slow for sometime because a lot of devs need convincing VR works and good games also take a long time to produce. By sticking with CV1 while you wait for the library to increase, it will just mean you see each game release in a lower resolution.
Games with higher resolutions in VR bring a lot more to games IMHO. If you use Oculus CV1 for Elite Dangerous for example, the Space Station in that game is quite a blurry mess. But with 2k per eye you can actually see what you are supposed to see in the Space Station. I can only describe it as like going from 1024 x 768 monitor to a 1080p monitor when I look inside the Space Station in Elite Dangerous. I'm not sure if you have played ED, but even those horrible wavy lines tend to disappear, which is a huge bonus.
Anyways, I'm just more curious what you want to see in a Gen 2 VR Headset.

inovator
Consultant

RedRizla said:

Zenbane said:

What is it you are wanting to see in a true Gen 2 headset, if you don't mind me asking. I typically look at VR headsets like I do a television screen or computer monitor where resolution is a big part of the upgrade. Even things like foveated rendering will just allow you to use higher resolutions screens, but with the benefit of not having to upgrade to the highest end Graphics card.
I saw you mention software as the main thing, but software for VR will remain slow for sometime because a lot of devs need convincing VR works and good games also take a long time to produce. By sticking with CV1 while you wait for the library to increase, it will just mean you see each game release in a lower resolution.
Games with higher resolutions in VR bring a lot more to games IMHO. If you use Oculus CV1 for Elite Dangerous for example, the Space Station in that game is quite a blurry mess. But with 2k per eye you can actually see what you are supposed to see in the Space Station. I can only describe it as like going from 1024 x 768 monitor to a 1080p monitor when I look inside the Space Station in Elite Dangerous. I'm not sure if you have played ED, but even those horrible wavy lines tend to disappear, which is a huge bonus.
Anyways, I'm just more curious what you want to see in a Gen 2 VR Headset.

Some people may want to see a reasonable bump up at least like the index of the fov before pulling the trigger.