cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Level 15
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

Luciferous
Level 12

fishhunt said:

I had the reverb g2 I had to send it back I was getting headache  after 20 mins because of the face plate was pressing against my temples .visuals very good some games not as good as others for visuals i like to play onward visuals 
look about same as quest 2. other games look great in the headset  like half life alyx others not. in future they will make better games to look better in the headset, it seems. software developers seems to make games to work with all headsets so visuals not as good in g2

Couldnt you loosen the straps or is the face plate too narrow?

pyroth309
Level 14

fishhunt said:

I had the reverb g2 I had to send it back I was getting headache  after 20 mins because of the face plate was pressing against my temples .visuals very good some games not as good as others for visuals i like to play onward visuals 
look about same as quest 2. other games look great in the headset  like half life alyx others not. in future they will make better games to look better in the headset, it seems. software developers seems to make games to work with all headsets so visuals not as good in g2

You can to an extent. Honestly the G2 as it comes is not a great headset for wide faces. The gasket/faceplate has a narrow U like design to it that extends out quite away. With wider faces it causes loss of FoV as you aren't able to get close enough. Check this pic of a comparison to a 3d printed one someone made. You can also see how deep the gasket is. 

So if your face is really wide, it's going to put pressure on your temples. The plastic and foam gives a good bit though so if you push on the front of headset you can get a good bit closer to the lenses and see more. For my face it doesn't bother me to smash it in. Sounds like it does for wider faced people.

Also the fact that the IPD only goes out to 68 and the sweetspot isn't massive... 70+ may not see the best clarity.

I've always wanted a 3d printer anyway, this may convince me to buy one and make some custom ones for all my headsets. Could just glue on some high end comfy foam and be good to go without having to wait for 3rd party sellers.

bigmike20vt
Level 14
if you dont want to go the route of a 3D printer... i am thinking of doing this

or if you want the old version

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

fishhunt
Level 5

fishhunt said:

fishhunt
Level 5
Its the face plate is narrow i have quest 2 don't have any problems with the face plate its just G2 goes farther over temples and press on more then quest 2

pyroth309
Level 14
https://youtu.be/07QUO03YWuo

I went ahead and ordered it to try it out. I was on already considering it before I watched the vid.

Nij
Level 5

pyroth309 said:

Nij said:

@dburne

Just spent a bit more time with it and I'm going to try and get used to it, just think I've been spoilt with being able to have it really loud but I may go down the same route as you, if I'm not happy with it

@pyroth309

I've played around moving the headphones round and the headset seems to be positioned right so think I've got it in the right place and I did take the speakers out and reconnect them to be on the safe side, i'll reinstall the drivers actually that's a good idea and maybe contact HP to see if they have any suggestions, although now might not be a good time to contact them haha

I'm seriously loving the visuals though, definately feeling a lot more immersed in what I've played so far

Cheers

Yea I suspect it's a USB or driver issue especially since yours isn't working in half of the USB ports. Index volume varied wildly too for people and it's the same speakers. The Index I received had the same exact symptoms you and dburne have. I could not get a good volume out of them no matter what. The Reverb G2 I got,, which is on a different motherboard mind you, would be considered too loud for most people at 80%. It's a full loud sound. You might also try uninstalling realtek drivers and using windows default driver for it.

This guy has the same thoughts as me lol -

[–]VRiggity 2 points 5 days ago 

Odd
how it varies. Anything over 50% is crazy loud for me. And I was a
touring musician for 20 years in loud bands, so I’m not Mr. Sensitive
Ears.

Maybe it's not getting enough power out of the USB or something.

I just found this thread on reddit and there's a solution there but be careful if you try it. You could blow the speaker if you add too much gain.

An old Index thread that solved it by removing the nvidia pregain as well - again be careful if you try this but it will fix it.

Awesome thank you for this, I'll try the workarounds on the first reddit thread and i'll download   equaliser APO aswell before I uninstall my realtek audio drivers
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

pyroth309 said:

I went ahead and ordered it to try it out. I was on already considering it before I watched the vid.

O course 'That's Amazing", lol!
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

pyroth309
Level 14

TomCgcmfc said:

pyroth309 said:

O course 'That's Amazing", lol!

Lol nothing he said convinced me. Seeing it on there with an actual video did. I was already talking about doing this on December 3rd in this thread. Here's a quote from me.

I think I'm leaning to doing the 24mm Samsung Odyssey face cover
replacement with some velcro. Just requires cutting out a little for the
cable header. But it's like 30 bucks. I could go for a 22mm Vive
replacement and maybe put some foam under it if needed to make sure my
cheeks clear the lens housing. You can get those on ebay for like 4
bucks.

Was waiting to see if something better would spring up before I committed. About tired of waiting. Likely still going to get myself a 3d printer though for Xmas lol.

bigmike20vt
Level 14
I also ordered the odyssey face cover and some velcro.  I just hope VRcover do better than the seller from AliExpress who i bought the quest 2 headmount and replacement faceplate from.. am trying to get refund on that but its hard going.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂