cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Price is now revised to £525 including VAT and Shipping to UK. Quite the adjustment. @RedRizla not sure.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I am so tempted, Sooooooo tempted, but i never pre order, i always wait for actual hands on reviews....but if all is good then this will replace my CV1, Vive and Dell VR visor, so fingers crossed.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

@Shadowmask72 - Do you know if you get a 2 year warranty with Systemactive like you do with HP Store for the first HP Reverb? I don't like 1 year warranties on things like VR headsets given the problems they have.

Unless you're living in a crap country like the States that doesn't have decent consumer rights, you'll always get a 2 year warranty. ???

I'm surprised that the US hasn't changed this to align themselves to the rest of the world years and years ago tbh. They're normally pretty clued up and on point when it comes to rights given their Constitution and everything. ?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
It seems the Reverb addressed most of the concerns I had with the G1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ge3lsPQCy0

Let's see.

1.Improved area of focus (or sweetspot if you want to call it that)
2. Reduced Mura
3. Less chromatic aberration
4. Thinner (lighter) cable
5. New controllers
6. Extra cameras for improved tracking 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

RedRizla said:

Unless you're living in a crap country like the States that doesn't have decent consumer rights, you'll always get a 2 year warranty. ???

I'm surprised that the US hasn't changed this to align themselves to the rest of the world years and years ago tbh. They're normally pretty clued up and on point when it comes to rights given their Constitution and everything. ?

Well I contacted the Vendor and they said it's currently a 1 year warranty for the United Kingdom. They said that could change with care packages from HP nearer to the launch. The price has also dropped to the correct price now and all I can say is it's a bargain at £525.
Rift S might need a price drop given what you get for only £125 more on the HP G2.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Very interesting all this because it's a complete unit with superior visual quality to anything else (as long as you're in the IPD range), not only in its price range but well above. I foresee Pimax 8KX having some serious competition here if this is as good as purported. The only thing people might find lacking is the lack of basestation tracking and controllers not as good as the knuckles or Rift controllers.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I though I read that the controllers are very much like Rift S controllers and by the looks of them they do like very similar. I just hope the tracking is good, but I can't see how it won't be when the first HP Reverb did a good job with just 2 camera's.
I don't think it will be only Pimax that will struggle if the HP G2 ticks all the boxes for that price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

snowdog said:

RedRizla said:

Well I contacted the Vendor and they said it's currently a 1 year warranty for the United Kingdom. They said that could change with care packages from HP nearer to the launch. The price has also dropped to the correct price now and all I can say is it's a bargain at £525.
Rift S might need a price drop given what you get for only £125 more on the HP G2.

Anything bought in the UK or the EU has a 2 year warranty from the company you buy it from as long as the company you buy it from is inside the UK or EU. If you import it from elsewhere (such as the States) you'll only get a 1 year warranty. Manufacturers may give you a separate 1 year manufacturer's warranty but that's a bit pointless to use because you automatically have 2 years warranty with the seller. The contract is between you and the seller so the seller has to deal with any returns or refunds.

And both the Rift S and the Quest will get a price drop announced at OC7. Probably only £50 though I would have thought, but Oculus should be in a position by then to drop the price of both down to £299 and still break even on the Quest.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

RedRizla said:

snowdog said:

RedRizla said:

Anything bought in the UK or the EU has a 2 year warranty from the company you buy it from as long as the company you buy it from is inside the UK or EU. If you import it from elsewhere (such as the States) you'll only get a 1 year warranty. Manufacturers may give you a separate 1 year manufacturer's warranty but that's a bit pointless to use because you automatically have 2 years warranty with the seller. The contract is between you and the seller so the seller has to deal with any returns or refunds.

And both the Rift S and the Quest will get a price drop announced at OC7. Probably only £50 though I would have thought, but Oculus should be in a position by then to drop the price of both down to £299 and still break even on the Quest.

So how do places like Amazon.co.uk get away with giving you a 1 year warranty on things? Also why has Systemactive said you get 1 year warranty, but that might change at launch? Surly they would know being a company since 1998 if you get 2 years warranty or not?