cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb second impression thread. (Revision 2)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ok HP have finally started selling the Reverb again after the messy first release. I returned the 1st with issues and received my version 2 model yesterday. Setup is plug and play as you'd expect with a WMR. I did have an issue for an hour or so where I was stuck in 3dof but after tinkering I found the error (user) and was back in 6dof. The cable is still heavy and a tad cumbersome but due to a new included clip, the cable attachment will not come apart now.

Now for the good bits, the resolution ohhh the resolution!!! I am so glad I have my Reverb again for simming. Sod the controllers I don't use them. But in DCS FSX P3D and our Flyinside simulator, the clarity is what I've always wished and hoped for.

Yes I think it does need a 2080ti to get the full benefit of this headset but that's a personal opinion and yes it's a tad pricey but did I mention the resolution?

If you are into sit down experiences or simming then this is a must have HMD, it really does blow everything out of the water (until we hear about the cosmos)

I think the sound is on par with the CV1 through the Reverbs headphones but defo not as comfortable but they are bearable.

Visuals = 10/10
Comfort = 7.5/10
Build quality = 8.5/10
Value = 9/10
Recommendations = 9.5/10

Simmers it's a no brainer, go buy.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

77 REPLIES 77

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I've had fogging once or twice, but it never came back when I took it off and wiped it and it doesn't happen all the time. I also use mine quite a lot, so I think it might have had something to do with the room temperature at the time. Strangely, it's my CV1 that fogs up all the time for me and I have the PU from VR Cover.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
We have a number of clients that have moved over to the Reverb - most are coming up to four months with the system in operation and generally they are much happier. Also HP has upped the support and doing some great things with their SDK for Enterprise. Interested to see if this investment is being matched with the consumer users?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Well I hope HP add some user settings such as colour and brightness controls.  As for support, it's certainly much better now than it was months ago when the Reverb first launched. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Well I hope HP add some user settings such as colour and brightness controls.  As for support, it's certainly much better now than it was months ago when the Reverb first launched. 

Would that even possible in these VR headsets? Would be good if you were able to adjust the brightness, but I'm not sure if it can be done.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Wildt said:

Techy111 said:

Never had that problem, do you have it really tight to your head with the straps mate ?

Nope, quite loose actually. I got that perforated PU leather interface from VRCover for my CV1. Fogging is a non-issue there.

I have a desk fan pointed at my face/hmd all the time, might work for you fella ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Wildt
Consultant
Just noticed...  gotta love how they protected the most value parts with that blue film... the lenses and the HP LOGO!
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

gotta love how they protected the most value parts with that blue film... 

Sounds kinda kinky to me, but I easily get confused - first it seems we talked about HMDs, and now you start talking about girls? :blush:   

[bad humor again, sorry]

So you like the Reverb?  B)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I am in heaven with mine, for sims this headset is the bees knees. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Wildt said:

Just noticed...  gotta love how they protected the most value parts with that blue film... the lenses and the HP LOGO!

Correction. That top blue film was covering the proximity sensor not the logo.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Wildt
Consultant

Wildt said:

Correction. That top blue film was covering the proximity sensor not the logo.

No way lol! It's literally the size of the plastic with the logo on it. Still got it.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb