cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb second impression thread. (Revision 2)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ok HP have finally started selling the Reverb again after the messy first release. I returned the 1st with issues and received my version 2 model yesterday. Setup is plug and play as you'd expect with a WMR. I did have an issue for an hour or so where I was stuck in 3dof but after tinkering I found the error (user) and was back in 6dof. The cable is still heavy and a tad cumbersome but due to a new included clip, the cable attachment will not come apart now.

Now for the good bits, the resolution ohhh the resolution!!! I am so glad I have my Reverb again for simming. Sod the controllers I don't use them. But in DCS FSX P3D and our Flyinside simulator, the clarity is what I've always wished and hoped for.

Yes I think it does need a 2080ti to get the full benefit of this headset but that's a personal opinion and yes it's a tad pricey but did I mention the resolution?

If you are into sit down experiences or simming then this is a must have HMD, it really does blow everything out of the water (until we hear about the cosmos)

I think the sound is on par with the CV1 through the Reverbs headphones but defo not as comfortable but they are bearable.

Visuals = 10/10
Comfort = 7.5/10
Build quality = 8.5/10
Value = 9/10
Recommendations = 9.5/10

Simmers it's a no brainer, go buy.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

77 REPLIES 77

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
My most plugged in HMD at the moment. I really like the integration with windows 10.  I like being able to have a desktop view and then opening other windows for Explorer. I can play music videos in one browser whilst working in another.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And as for sims, it gets my time, everytime. No CV1 or Rift S could compare to the clarity imo 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
When Microsoft finally dumps WMR I kinda think that you will not be so happy, lol!  Just kidding and I hope for your sakes this does not happen. At least you'll all still have a nice rtx2080ti to play with.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the sims I fly were to provide native WMR support for the Reverb, I would be much more inclined to give one a try.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Do you fly our Flyinsde mate ? Built from the ground up for VR and works a treat with the Reverb 😉

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

If the sims I fly were to provide native WMR support for the Reverb, I would be much more inclined to give one a try.

Steam VR works fine with WMR and Sims.

When Microsoft finally dumps WMR I kinda think that you will not be so
happy, lol!  Just kidding and I hope for your sakes this does not
happen. At least you'll all still have a nice rtx2080ti to play with.
If that were to happen, it wouldn't be to dissimilar to the Oculus CV1 becoming a paper weight, just because your usb cable became faulty 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Do you fly our Flyinsde mate ? Built from the ground up for VR and works a treat with the Reverb 😉

No currently just DCS and IL-2. Both take up plenty of my time lol.

Thunderbolt01
Honored Guest

Techy111 said:
The thing I find a tad annoying is when starting any sims with the Reverb and steam VR up and running, Oculus home starts !!! Ideas ?

Yeah got one of those mate and it only starts OH when I start one of my sims.

Hi I have exactly the same problem and stopping OVRservice in my task manager services tab doesn´t work because when I start the Sim it starts too, If I stop after sim running it shuts down the sim, and that link above about set the oculus-client as Adm does NOT work too, so annoying. Any new idea? Thanks!