cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life Alyx Tested Hands-on Impressions

Shadowmask72
Level 15
Some nice bits in here. Such an important game for VR regardless of which headset it is played on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T54aGkkXfuc

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
14 REPLIES 14

RuneSR2
Level 15
I was just about to post the video - 3 minutes late - sigh  😄

Just watched 3 mins at decided not to go further, I really don't want to see more spoilers than the trailer  o:)

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Shadowmask72
Level 15
With such a well-publicised game, the messenger is unimportant!

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Level 15

With such a well-publicised game, the messenger is unimportant!

Of course - just fun to see that you had the same thought and got here a few minutes before me, lol 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

kevinw729
Level 15
Thanks for sharing - was watching this.
The most interesting was their comparison on different headsets. Fascinated that it worked so well on Quest Link (Franken-Quest), another selling point. Again, great job by the devs. 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RuneSR2
Level 15

kevinw729 said:

The most interesting was their comparison on different headsets. Fascinated that it worked so well on Quest Link (Franken-Quest), another selling point. Again, great job by the devs. 

I just jumped to the conclusion at about 31:30. Seems like Valve's main agenda is not to push Index, but to push VR as a whole - and that's quite a generous move.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Great to see such extensive testing and commentary on so many different headsets. I regularly see a lot of people on Reddit who have swallowed the anti-Oculus kool-aid and just assume Rift CV1 tracking is garbage, or inside-out doesn't work well, or Quest Link looks like crap, etc. It's nice to see an even-handed comparison, and the game looks excellent too.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

dburne
Level 15

RuneSR2 said:

kevinw729 said:

I just jumped to the conclusion at about 31:30. Seems like Valve's main agenda is not to push Index, but to push VR as a whole - and that's quite a generous move.

Yep that is a very good thing.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

Wildt
Level 12
Least prefered HMD: Cosmos :lol:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Wildt said:

Least prefered HMD: Cosmos :lol:

Ya, don't rub it in mate, lol!
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro