cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Moon

Anonymous
Not applicable
That looks awesome 😮 I can't wait till to do stuff like that!

Imagine just moving your hands to throw grenades, shooting a gun, stop/start media, point at maps, moving forward while you do dashes and slashes 😄 WOOT HYPE xD

Even still - I like the fact I can use this for real life stuff as well. This would help out in many ways for even basic software. I have so many ideas going out of my ears now xD

---The guy below me gets it! VVVVVVV
61 REPLIES 61

Diorama
Honored Guest
The sensors for 'gestures like pointing' and the hand grip for picking things up are highlights for me.

I want to be able to point to a mountain in online multiplayer, or be in a jeep with my friend and point at areas on the map I'm holding in my other hand. The possibilities.

saviornt
Protege
The design seems a bit, I'm not sure.. I am sure, however, that the design will be refined as the months / years go by.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

raidx
Protege
WIll this come out with CV1... I am not sure if he says that was a future input device or if it would be included with CV1

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
It looks a bit awkward to hold to me, like your figures have to be awkwardly contorted to fit, and that's assuming you have average-sized hands. Hard to say without using it myself, maybe it feels amazing in practice. At least it's something we can easily call input made specifically for VR.

gabrielinc
Honored Guest
"raidx" wrote:
WIll this come out with CV1... I am not sure if he says that was a future input device or if it would be included with CV1

I would guess that you can buy it seperately. Design doesn't look great but Vive's input doesn't either. You have to place the sensor or emitters somewhere where it can be obscured by your hands.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"raidx" wrote:

I doubt it.... watching that makes me worried....

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Palmer never said that Oculus touch was included in the box like the Xbox One controller, so it seems like it will be separate, which means it's not universal and will probably get less support than the Vive input which is included. Why even include an Xbone controller? Developers are already designing with a controller in mind, you don't need to force us to buy one for them to be supported.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Twitchmonkey" wrote:
Palmer never said that Oculus touch was included in the box like the Xbox One controller, so it seems like it will be separate, which means it's not universal and will probably get less support than the Vive input which is included. Why even include an Xbone controller? Developers are already designing with a controller in mind, you don't need to force us to buy one for them to be supported.

It is probably a partnership requirement with Microsoft. I don't want or need another Xbone controller.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
"jngdwe" wrote:

It is probably a partnership requirement with Microsoft. I don't want or need another Xbone controller.

Not only can you buy a controller that you probably already have a variant of again, you can also play your Xbox One gamesin a low-resolution window with a Rift on. Thanks MS, wonder how much they gave Oculus to get in on this, seems like this is their answer to the Morpheus.