cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half life 2

war61
Honored Guest
Hello ALL,

got my Rift early this week. Its awesome! Team Fortress 2 looks really good. Looks 3d and the Fov is descent. I tried playing Half life 2 with the Vireio driver and thats a different story. FOV is really low and nothing looks 3d. It is basically not playable for me. Any suggestions? If Half life 2 would look like team fortress 2 (wich i can only assume cant be too hard since its the source engine) it would be awesome!!

Anyone know how to make this happen? Do I need to calibrate or do something special? Thanks!

War61
4 REPLIES 4

Thoth_The3x
Explorer
I highly recommend you read through this thread for hl2, you'll get a far better experience than most verieo games too: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=16174

vrgamer
Honored Guest
He is also adding Hydra support if you look near the end of that MBS3D thread posted above.

yubinhydin
Explorer
VERY COOL, thanks for sharing,

that is what I am talking about we need to be able to just mod the games we want to play in VR.

regards,
Mike

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can increase the FOV in HL2 by using this command:

fov_desired 110

You may also need to tweak the settings in Vireio to get a good 3D effect. First thing to try is F6, which will swap the eyes. You can also alter the 3D effect with F2/F3. You should be able to get something that looks decent.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV