cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the rift software changed?

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
I have reinstalled windows. I just downloaded the Rift install software and it seems different.  The last time I installed the software I was able to easily change the install directory during the set up.  I have just ran the set up and I am am no longer given the option to change the install directory?  This is a screenshot of what I am getting during set up.
4 REPLIES 4

LZoltowski
Champion
It's been like that for a while, you need to run setup with a few parameters. Instructions are detailed here:

https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/

Cheers!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
When did that change?  Why did it change?

The last time I installed the software I didn't have to do that workaround.  It was able to change the install directory during set up?   

LZoltowski
Champion

When did that change?  Why did it change?

The last time I installed the software I didn't have to do that workaround.  It was able to change the install directory during set up?   

It's been like that for over a year if not more.

Or it's the Mandela effect and the matrix has changed. 🙂

Edit: In fact, I don't ever remember it allowing you to change it like that ever.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
When CV1 released, you could choose the install location. I still have it installed in E:\Oculus because I’ve never had to reinstall it in three years. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo