cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, Oculus Sends Some Bigger Developers the HD Rift?

yahknow1
Protege
Hey I've been waiting patiently for Star Citizen and reading everything coming from them lately. I just noticed that they are fine tuning there Hanger Module with a HD version of the rift!

So, apparently, there already is a DevKit 2, you just have to be “special” enough to get it! Check this video out starting at around 15:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQpchP8aXas
i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X
2 REPLIES 2

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
I'm special too, OculusVR!!! (In that I have a large amount of disposable income that you can have if I can have that.) :lol:

Darcanis
Adventurer
Considering I just ordered the Rift this month for development of a commercial VR game I'd sure love to receive a HD version when it arrives. 😄 Would make development easier with the higher rez and additional features there to design around.

Not like I'm just gonna be playing with the thing... Ok to be fair for first couple weeks I'll just be playing with it to get a feel for it and what works best in the demos for interfaces and gameplay. However, after that it is dev dev dev!!! Plus the occasional HL2 or car racing... for a break... Still 90% dev though!
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Facebook buying the Oculus Rift! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!