cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey People I just got working ALVR with Oculus Quest and Steam Vr

Lukasz_T
Explorer
Hey People I just got working ALVR with Oculus Quest and Steam Vr Its to bad they don't have an wired option the usb cable that came with Oculus, remember to set the  level in room floor also set standing only if you wan't to use a chair in ST Vr room setup also add udb ports alvr says in firewall and also add expection not to scan alvr.exe

Sorry if its in the wrong section the topic.
7 REPLIES 7

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
There is a wired option, it's called Oculus Link. Link got improved so the cable that your quest came with works too.

It sounds like ALVR is a lot more difficult to set up then Virtual Desktop. With that it's
1. Install Virtual Desktop (after buying it) onto your Quest
2. Sideload the patch for Virtual Desktop
3 Enjoy PCVR without being teathered
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Lukasz_T
Explorer
I have purchased Virtual Desktop and then Side Loaded it,  I just thought I might play around with ALVR,  ALVR is wireless as well

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
If it's wireless, why would you need to... Oooh, it wants you to open the USB ports software side. Yeah, I'd be hesitant do mess with that.

Lukasz_T
Explorer
AVLR just stopped working for me it doesn't work anymore 😞  Im going to use Virtual Desktop 🙂

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Keep in mind there's a bit of a tug of war. The Store version doesn't allow you to play Rift games wirelessly, although Steam VR works fine. Mostly. There's the occasional issue that's fixed by resetting the view. The sideload patch allows Rift game access, but gets disabled when the Store version updates, at which point you need a new version of the Sideload patch.

JanetteeTurnerr
Honored Guest

Lukasz_T said:

Hey People I just got working ALVR with Oculus Quest and Steam Vr Its to bad they don't have an wired option the usb cable that came with Oculus, remember to set the  level in room floor also set standing only if you wan't to use a chair in ST Vr room setup also add udb ports alvr says in firewall and also add expection not to scan alvr.exe

Sorry if its in the wrong section the topic.

Hey
I am new here 
There is an interesting conversation)

Lukasz_T
Explorer
Hey Janettee AVLR is not wotking for me anymore and Welcome to the fourms