Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide your Rifts, Windows Fall Creators Update is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
vd7cm9xenspe.jpg

Microsoft is now done with feature development on the next major version of Windows 10. Dubbed the "Fall Creators Update," this update is expected to launch on October 17, 2017, and will focus on a whole bunch of new improvements for Windows 10 users.

This update includes WebVR support! This is great news for folks like myself who are interesting in building WebVR Apps as business solutions. However, I am a bit nervous about the potential for this Windows update to disrupt my Rift's ability to work properly. Microsoft is notorious for throwing the baby out with the bathwater. So I'm hoping this update goes without a hitch!

Full changelog:
https://www.windowscentral.com/fall-creators-update

WebVR info:
https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/10/10/bringing-webvr-everyone-windows-10-fall-creators-upda...

On October 17th, EdgeHTML 16 will be released with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and the era of Windows Mixed Reality begins as headsets and motion controllers become widely available, enabling low-cost, immersive experiences with WebVR in Microsoft Edge.

91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohh great, this may be interesting...

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
I expect it to have no impact at all on the Rift.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

A Windows update mucked things up before; prior to you arriving at the Summer Sale.

The chances Windows will get it perfectly right?

1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer
I'll need to edit my reg to make Windows think I'm using a metered connection again... I'd like to hold off on the update until I've seen if it's got any big bugs like last time.
Hey, I have a signature. 

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
tvepc1byowkh.jpg
Noooooooooooo!
WAAAGH!

vannagirl
Consultant
Hahaha i was so going to post a nooooooooooo

Windows 10 updates aka piece o crap
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

vannagirl
Consultant

I am finding this the most adorable response to a windows update in oculus for ages.

The last major update went through here faster then herpes in a Thai brothel
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

paesan
Expert Protege
I am a windows insider and already have the Fall Creators update, no issue on my end.
Intel i7 7700k | Asus ROG Strix Z270E | G Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200 | Asus GTX1080-O8G
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500GB | Swiftech H240 X2 | WD Black 5TB | WD Black 4TB
Toshiba 1TB | Corsair Graphite 760T | Windows 10 64 bit | Rift CV1 + Touch | StarTech 4 port PCI Express USB 3 - 5Gbps