Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide your Rifts, Windows Fall Creators Update is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
vd7cm9xenspe.jpg

Microsoft is now done with feature development on the next major version of Windows 10. Dubbed the "Fall Creators Update," this update is expected to launch on October 17, 2017, and will focus on a whole bunch of new improvements for Windows 10 users.

This update includes WebVR support! This is great news for folks like myself who are interesting in building WebVR Apps as business solutions. However, I am a bit nervous about the potential for this Windows update to disrupt my Rift's ability to work properly. Microsoft is notorious for throwing the baby out with the bathwater. So I'm hoping this update goes without a hitch!

Full changelog:
https://www.windowscentral.com/fall-creators-update

WebVR info:
https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/10/10/bringing-webvr-everyone-windows-10-fall-creators-upda...

On October 17th, EdgeHTML 16 will be released with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and the era of Windows Mixed Reality begins as headsets and motion controllers become widely available, enabling low-cost, immersive experiences with WebVR in Microsoft Edge.

91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

vannagirl said:

I expect it to have no impact at all on the Rift.

I am finding this the most adorable response to a windows update in oculus for ages.

The last major update went through here faster then herpes in a Thai brothel

Ermmm...and what would YOU know about Herpes in Thai brothels, exactly..?

@vannagirl IS A LADYBOY CONFIRMED!!! 😮 😄 😄 😄

Of course you COULD disprove this claim by PMing me a picture of yourself naked B)

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Having been to Thailand Vannagirls comment is frightening!
WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

hah! Yes I've been to Thailand as well, but I stuck to snorkeling and eating this stuff:

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I think the most dangerous thing you can do in Thailand might not be sleeping with the local populace which has a massive std rate its eating streetfood in bangkok.
WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I've been tested since my return and I'm happy to report that I'm free and clear of any ailments, both external and internal!

vannagirl
Consultant

@snowdog you Hijo de Puta 😄

@Morgrum

hahaha
yes i have also been a couple of times, this one time also, a couple of the guys came back with more then they expected
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

vannagirl said:

@snowdog you Hijo de Puta 😄

@Morgrum

hahaha
yes i have also been a couple of times, this one time also, a couple of the guys came back with more then they expected

Im assuming the answer to what they came back with is YES.

WAAAGH!

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
@Zenbane, thanks for the heads up on this.  I didn't know this was coming.  I had a few problems with the last one.  Uggh, maybe I'll delay it for a while to see how it goes for the Rift.  Not feeling good about this.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Yes, thanks for the heads up!!

I just put my system into 'Defer Updates'...it'll at least give some time before it auto-updates. Prob till Feb 2018 at least. Only Win 10 Pro and up can do this though.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

vannagirl
Consultant

Morgrum said:

Im assuming the answer to what they came back with is YES.

Yes they were called up to their CO. I doubt that was anything though to any call up they had with a wife or GF

wow i totally forgot of the streetfood, cheapest way to live but dangerously

back to subject, how to block this update, it was hell many progs were installed but not installed after that creators. There is no way to turn them off now?
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.