cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitman 3 Gets Review Bombed Due To Terrible VR Mode

Zenbane
Level 15

In the news,

It seems that a few hundred VR Enthusiasts are not pleased with the current version of the VR Portion for Hitman 3. Review bombs tend to be an effective way to get a company to take action quickly. I have high hopes for Hitman 3 VR, and look forward to playing it one day. It is very common for a first-time VR Port to go rather south; so I have no qualms waiting several months until things stabilize.

For those hoping for a nice and smooth VR experience, you may want to hold off on purchasing Hitman 3 until it receives a bit more love and attention.

By comparison, Fallout VR and Skyrim VR were rather awful at release. But today, they are amazing VR experiences. It just takes awhile! 😁

"Hitman 3's brand-new Steam release has taken off to a rocky start, as players are review bombing the title on the platform and blaming the developers for abusing the title's price and releasing a half-baked VR mode.

A few hours after its release, Hitman 3 was blitzed by almost 250 negative reviews, garnering the title a "Mostly Negative" score on the storefront.

Players are complaining that the new VR mode is unplayable in its current state, with some users stating "the worst VR port I've ever played" and claiming that the "VR implementation is Horrible." The Steam store also has 6 different versions of the game to purchase with vague descriptions, confusing many."

Full Article:

https://screenrant.com/hitman-3-steam-review-vr-ioi/

4 REPLIES 4

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I wonder if the people saying it's the worst VR port have played Subnautica? That's the worst VR implementation I've played, although also one of the best VR experiences despite that.

(Luckily modders fixed most of the issues of Subnautica)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
Level 15

For me, Ethan Carter is the worst VR Port. It is still the only game that makes me wanna puke due to the VR camera implementation.

I enjoyed Subnautica. But yeah, that in-game menu/inventory was rather terrible lol

Here at Oculus, we take health and safety seriously. For us to assist, please click here to contact us and get in touch with an agent. https://ocul.us/ContactSupport

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I haven't tried Ethan Carter.

Yeah, the Subnautica UI was far too close. It also broke the physics a bit, docking the small sub into the big one usually resulted in the big one exploding hundreds of metres in the air (your head position slightly affected the game object when docked or something, making the physics bodies overlap and freak out).

Plus the framerate dropped permanently as you explored, it kept EVERYTHING active once found.

Most of that (besides performance) was fixed by the community mod.

Still awesome. I keep getting flashbacks of it while playing No Man's Sky in VR.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2