cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Pixel in Passthrough Only

NosePunch
Adventurer
I noticed the other day I have what looks like a hot (stuck), pixel showing in the lower right of the right lens.  But outside of passthrough there are no bad pixels at all.  I even ran a pixel screen test and there were also no bad or stuck pixels.  I contacted Oculus and their response is that I have a bad pixel and to send my headset to them and then they will mail me a replacement.  So Oculus wants me to be without my Quest for at least a week, probably more like a month before getting the replacement, I'm not doing that at this time because I don't think it's a hardware issue and it doesn't effect the screen within the Guardian Fence.  I say this because the issue only happens in passthrough mode and if there was an issue with the pixel it would have shown up in the pixel screen test.  Oculus acts like they've never heard of this issue, but insist it's a bad pixel, yet when I did a search online I found many others with this exact same problem.  Any thoughts?  Suggestions?  How many here are having this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

NosePunch
Adventurer
No one else is having this issue?

NosePunch
Adventurer
Okay so it seems to be a software issue and not actually a hot pixel issue, because now sometimes it's there and other times it's not.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, that's the nature of passthrough right now.  One day we will get perfect colored passthrough!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers