cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable VD/SteamVR to use Airlink instead?

justin.ricke
Level 3

I am hearing about some of my games not working with VD+SteamVR but functioning well with Airlink. How do I disable SteamVR so it won’t launch the games purchased on Steam? 

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

@justin.ricke  not all games (even Oculus store ones) are compatible with VD.  Have a look at the latest compatibility spreadsheet;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gRbhMw-8PDl1m2ujs_uWaxMeFxjWjihKtRjFGpd-nFY/edit#gid=2101885...

If one of you games is not compatible just use Air Link.  No need to disable VD, just use it when you want to use it.  I switch between VD and AL quite often and it's very easy to do.  I'm sure you'll figure out how to do this mate.  Good luck and cheers,

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

OmegaM4N
Level 11

Airlink is just a vitrual cable, so steamVr will still be required to be running in the background to actually run the steamVr games, just as the Oculus SDK is required to be running when you start airlink and run oculus store VR games, but with both Virtual desktop and airlink you should have very good coverage for running all your games over wifi.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.