cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you permanently delete games?

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
I know you can uninstall games but I want them completely gone form my library.  Some of these games I want rid of I will never play again.

Can you permanently uninstall games?  
44 REPLIES 44

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
Can’t believe this dude ordered adult games on his family used VR set ?. I mean I like drinking too, but mannnnn

Just having a laugh. I guess I see how it could be useful to do this, but there’s also people on the forum saying things like “I bought a game, refunded it, and now can’t see how to purchase it again”, so I can see how this isn’t top priority. 

JulieMay64
Explorer

So, has this issue ever been resolved?  I too would like to remove games I've tried from the "uninstalled" folder on my Quest 2.  Prime example being Beat Saber Demo.  I bought the full version, I don't need the demo sitting there in uninstalled folder because I'm never going to install it again.  The ONLY thing I'd ever want to see in my uninstalled folder are things that I've downloaded but not yet installed.  Or, in the case of running out of room for apps - things that I uninstall to make room for something else to install, but with every intention of keeping the game to install again later.  Just this makes me believe that these games that are "uninstalled" are in fact actually still downloaded and just sitting there in a file.  I've seen the screenshots on how to filter, but the menu no longer looks like that and doesn't have the options to put check marks on what you see in your library. (or at least I can't find that option).

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

If it's within a 2 hour window (I think), you might be able to get a refund. That will completely remove an app from your account. But if you actually paid for a program, even Steam wont remove it from your account. Only Free to Play and Demos (which were free) can be removed from your Steam account.

If it's Adult app that you want to hide from the wife and kids though, well, Oculus/Facebook don't sell those in the store front. This means you must have gotten them from a 3rd party. As such you can't remove it from your Oculus account, because it was never on your Oculus account to begin with. ^^

There is an option for if you don't want an app to show up even in your Uninstalled list. First go into Filters and uncheck the "hidden apps" filter. Next go to the app you don't want to see and select Hide from the list of options. This isn't perfect, and anyone else you let use the HMD can change the settings to show hidden apps again. But it's there.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Well. It’s certainly NOT secretly installed, that would be incredibly easy to verify and would require them to be secretly giving us far more HD space than advertised, which would be counter intuitive to sales. If I uninstall steam games, there’s still a folder on my computer for saves and settings for that game, which take up a negligible amount of space. I do see why people want some things gone forever, even though I myself haven’t downloaded NEARLY enough games for it to ever clutter up my menus. 

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

You can hide uninstalled apps you don't want showing up. If you do, they can only be seen if you enable Hidden Apps in the filter.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

JulieMay64
Explorer

So, I'm not on Steam.  I'm on an Oculus Quest 2.  There is also no way to uncheck and filter.  In the apps section there is an "All" which lets you see All apps even those NOT installed that you maybe tried once and then deleted. Or, you can pick to see each of these individually:  the Oculus apps, or Purchased apps, or Sideloaded apps, or the not installed apps.  There is no way to ONLY see ALL INSTALLED apps. 

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

Yawn. I’m well aware that you’re not on steam. I was drawing a comparison to debunk your inane conspiracy about the quest having a secret hard drive where all your uninstalled apps are secretly installed. It really seems like you’re not even reading anyone’s replies. The user side of the app management on the quest is very simple and you’ve been given various options, you should probably choose one. Sorry that none of them are exactly what you want, but we didn’t make the thing. If you want a further solution, you should appeal to oculus themselves, not users. 

You apparently think a lot of yourself.  

1. I never said any such thing about some secretly installed app somewhere on a secret hard drive.  I said the app is still downloaded but not installed.  Really, that's a no brainer because if you'd notice when you push things to the quest from sidequest they are first downloaded and present in the not installed folder and you actually then have to click on them to install them.  Same thing goes for the deleted demos.  They sit in the not installed folder and if I click on them they just reinstall and don't have to download again.  Why don't you give it a go and then report back to me that I'm right.

2. My comment about not being on Steam wasn't directed at you.  You're not the only one on this thread that has commented to me.

3. The solutions (tips) provided are not even doable on my device.  There is no check box that I can uncheck to not see games that are not installed.  Do you have a quest 2?  Have you seen what the menu system looks like for the apps?

4. Try to be nice.  This is a public forum and people come here for solutions, tips and tricks.  Sorry you're having a bad day.  Don't take your frustrations out on me.  Maybe go kill something on your VR device.

And that sounds like a legitimate reason to me.

No the community can push to change this. btw its "accept"