cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you permanently delete games?

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
I know you can uninstall games but I want them completely gone form my library.  Some of these games I want rid of I will never play again.

Can you permanently uninstall games?  
44 REPLIES 44

DarkTenka
Trustee
If you uninstall them they are uninstalled. Them being in your library does not mean they are installed on your computer, it means they are on your account. If they are on your account but not installed on your computer they use up 0 space and are of no detriment to you whatsoever.

I can't fathom a legitimate reason why you would absolutely need something removed from your account ... unless you wanted to hide the fact you bought something from a spouse or loved one lol.

Digikid1
Consultant
By reformatting your drives...

seriously it works!  LOL

But in all seriousness you  don’t actually delete games.  You UNINSTALL them. You just go into the windows control panel go to programs or something to that effect and right click and uninstall. 

I personally recommend a program called Ccleaner. Just make sure y just make sure that when you install it you turn off the active monitoring. It’s free and is better than anything else on the market for getting rid of crap ( hence the name C Cleaner as it’s  actually called Crap Cleaner but they couldn’t release that name  )   

It also allows you to uninstall games and programs.

It’s one of the default programs that I put on all of my computers that I sell. 

Piriform.com

DarkTenka
Trustee

Digikid1 said:

By reformatting your drives...

seriously it works!  LOL

But in all seriousness you  don’t actually delete games.  You UNINSTALL them. You just go into the windows control panel go to programs or something to that effect and right click and uninstall. 

I personally recommend a program called Ccleaner. Just make sure y just make sure that when you install it you turn off the active monitoring. It’s free and is better than anything else on the market for getting rid of crap ( hence the name C Cleaner as it’s  actually called Crap Cleaner but they couldn’t release that name  )   

It also allows you to uninstall games and programs.

It’s one of the default programs that I put on all of my computers that I sell. 

Piriform.com

I know what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he's talking about.

He's complaining about them being in his Library .. not even CCleaner will be able to remove them from his Oculus Home store account.

Digikid1
Consultant
Yeah I skimmed it after I posted my response. 

Anything that you download on your oculus account is permanently on your account. There is absolutely nothing that you can do.

Dkurt02
Protege
All I know too, they will remain on your list from your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also think that you need to uninstall them and that will do.

matskatsaba
Adventurer

KillCard said:

I can't fathom a legitimate reason why you would absolutely need something removed from your account ... unless you wanted to hide the fact you bought something from a spouse or loved one lol.

Probably wifey and the kids shouldn't see nekopara and Real Maid or other NSFW content 😄

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer

Digikid1 said:

Yeah I skimmed it after I posted my response. 

Anything that you download on your oculus account is permanently on your account. There is absolutely nothing that you can do.

But it's 2018?
I cannot believe there is no way to remove stuff from your account you are never going to play again. 

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer

KillCard said:

If you uninstall them they are uninstalled. Them being in your library does not mean they are installed on your computer, it means they are on your account. If they are on your account but not installed on your computer they use up 0 space and are of no detriment to you whatsoever.

Nothing sinister and nothing to hide lol. 

I know you can
uninstall games.  I know you can use filters to hide the games/apps you
have previously had installed.  Maybe I have OCD but I don't want things
in my Oculus library I am never going to play again.

You can
remove games from your library in Steam as well as uninstall them. 
Before I removed games from my steam library yesterday I had about 80
games/apps in my list.  My list was getting longer and longer.  I knew
about 60 games/apps in my list I would never play again.  So was well as
uninstalling them I removed them from my library.  Now my Steam list of
games has 21 games/apps.