cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you take screenshots with CV1?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys.

I've done some excessive Googling and searching of this forum but all I've found is "use Print Screen", however I believe this to only be applicable for the DK units as they are simply extended monitors.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take a 2D rendered screenshot of what's appearing on the Rift at any given moment? I'm trying to tell people at work about the Rift and how cool it is and I'd love to be able to show them screenshots of me viewing our daily video conference in Steam VR's theatre mode. Screenshots of games, etc.
14 REPLIES 14

danknugz
Superstar
is that viable when wearing the headset? you would have to take off the hmd, cover the detection and hold the hmd in place while reaching over with the othwr hand to print screen on the keyboard? i dont think i have enough hands for that. 

there should be a native screenshot function in the menu along with recenter, return to home, etc
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

falken76
Expert Consultant

danknugz said:

is that viable when wearing the headset? you would have to take off the hmd, cover the detection and hold the hmd in place while reaching over with the othwr hand to print screen on the keyboard? i dont think i have enough hands for that. 

there should be a native screenshot function in the menu along with recenter, return to home, etc

It would be easy enough to hit the key.  People got used to WASD as controls for FPS games, they can train themselves where to automatically hit the keyboard without looking for prnt screen as well.

And then there are those of us that were forced to take typing classes in school wasting time drawing palm trees and beach balls with letters as assignments only to find out it actually taught us to touch type.... Despite what my grade said

But you are absolutely right, you better be able to position yourself to look at whatever you want to screenshot AND reach the keyboard at the same time.

metameta
Protege
Hard to hit a key when you have touch controllers in your hand. How about at a very minimum: menu option next to recenter "screenshot in 5... 4... 3..."  I really just want to share my current experience. We have gopros in IRL. How is this not a trivial solved problem for a social networking mogul?

ploog
Protege
Yep, need some means to create screenshots while immersed, without having to find the keyboard. It'd be great if video capture could be toggled on/off from within a game, as well.

Voice command? If not, what about a toggle that allows use of the Oculus remote within the game as an image/video capture controller?

crossmr
Protege

Montol said:

This tool can take screenshots.  😉 
https://twitter.com/lynatan/status/732964358397927425

this doesnt seem to work anymore. im sitting in dash and no screen shot is generated