cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high quality are touch controllers?

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I seem to be playing wave shooters a lot and rarely do they have an option to just hold the trigger buttons for fire. That means trigger switches get a LOT of exercise! I think cherry switches are rated to about 10 million clicks. Are the touch controller switches rated in any way? I would hate to find out that they will give out right after warranty expires, which seem to be an issue with a LOT of electronics these days.

EDIT: I don't know where is the edit button on the mobile version of the browser, but I wanted to post it in General not support, maybe someone can move it there.
7 REPLIES 7

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

kojack
MVP
MVP
Moved for you.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer
You know I had a very similar thought the other day, but considering that I can still use my original N64 and PS2 controllers, I'd have to think it's likely a non-issue. 

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Hopefully they put as much quality into their controllers as into the packaging and general look and feel!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well going by the amount of reports on Reddit that I've read regarding people smacking them into walls and doors and them still being in one piece and working I'd say that they're most likely made of Nintendium lol

If The Bombs end up dropping and lay waste to the planet I'm quite convinced that the only things remaining will be cockroaches, Nintendo consoles and controllers and Touch controllers lmfao  😄

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I used to think to myself. How do people end up punching walls and things with these Touch controllers. That was until I demolished my brand new lamp shade and light fitting after making space and decorating my room.

blanes
Rising Star
Yeah I had to stop Touch gaming altogether and just go back to racing because I could not avoid smacking the crap outta things in my small room... but I do agree those little plastic beggars seem to be made to take a beating !  🙂