cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is there no SAO game yet?

kirito2211
Explorer
You'd really think that with VR being released, someone would make an Sword Art Online game.
19 REPLIES 19

MarQc
Explorer
OrbusVR is the best MMORPG out on the market, it's awesome once you get max lvl you got shard dungeon and raid and the community his getting way bigger, they already sold 35000 copy, also the first extension is coming in the next months next lvl cap will be 30 and a lots of things is going to change, be sure to join us guys you'll get what you're looking for 😄 #orbusVR 

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem still comes in at the hardware level of what computers and the headsets can do today though and the user base. I say a really good high end MMORPG could come around by CV3 times if we get eye tracking/FOV/upscale and it works really well to help shave off the VR over head. By then we would have GPUs with extra physics enable, light levels, and AI programming. 

Funny: and I was right xD https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/

Improvement in AI, lighting, and physics 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
SAO????

Syrellaris
Rising Star

MarQc said:

OrbusVR is the best MMORPG out on the market, it's awesome once you get max lvl you got shard dungeon and raid and the community his getting way bigger, they already sold 35000 copy, also the first extension is coming in the next months next lvl cap will be 30 and a lots of things is going to change, be sure to join us guys you'll get what you're looking for 😄 #orbusVR 

It's also the only MMORPG in the VR market atm lol. I gave it a try during the free weekend stuff and I found it to not be a good game at all. Not to mention teleport controls really? Removed it from my harddrive in less than 2 hours.

I would not mind a good MMORPG for VR or an actual RPG game build up from scratch for it (Fallout VR and Skyrim VR are great but they're essentially mods).

MarQc
Explorer

MarQc said:

It's also the only MMORPG in the VR market atm lol. I gave it a try during the free weekend stuff and I found it to not be a good game at all. Not to mention teleport controls really? Removed it from my harddrive in less than 2 hours.

I would not mind a good MMORPG for VR or an actual RPG game build up from scratch for it (Fallout VR and Skyrim VR are great but they're essentially mods).

You got to give it more time, it's an MMORPG meaning there's a lots of hours of gameplay in 2 hours you were probably able to get to lvl 5 ? Also they got locomotion if you prefer and they just added mounts support, also for the graphics everything's gonna change in the new extension (the game is going to be officially out) . This the link for information about the new extension, https://orbusvr.com/reborn
We're gonna have 8 classes, and right now for jobs we got : fisherman, gatherer, alchemist, artifice,
for classes, we got : mage (DPS), ranger (DPS), musketeer (Healer), warrior (Tank), we already know 2 of the 4 next classes : Shaman, Barb.

Like I said you need to put a lots of time in it to get the most fun out of it, it's like any MMORPG.
Also finding friends and guilds is the best way to enjoy this game this way you'll have people to help you farm and do dungeons ans stuffs.,

BTW there's also a PVP wilds zone, well 3 wilds zone in those you can PK and actually steal stuff from the other persons, there's also a PVP arena, tho it's not the best one, but they're working on it ! in the next extension, they're announcing Battlegrounds PVP.

You also got pet and pet breeding, soon we should have dragons races and we'll be able to fly as the dragon trough the world of Orbus.

Hope this motivate some of you :D, if you need help in game try to contact me, my ingame is : Marc

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Graphics of Orbus isn't what turned me away, it was mainly the controls and that it just didn't work well. I coudn't even get to level 2 because the game didnt bother registering anything I did. I spend atleast 15 minutes trying to figure out how to use the menu correctly because the tutorial doesn't do a good job explaining it either, not to mention my problems of the controls not being registered correctly started there already. 

all in all it put me off the game and it's not something I would recommend to someone, however that is just my opinion. People should try it out for themselves to see if they like it, it just wasn't for me.

MarQc
Explorer
And if you want more informations on Orbus, someone from the nova guild did an interview with the lead dev and creator in game like a weeks ago, there's a lot that cover what is orbus at start and questions went to what to expect in the futur, I think anyone who want to try a VRMMORPG should watch that video instead of playing one hour in the game XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXDCcCIQig

NB_Destroyer
Explorer

Well, there were actually a few.
1. There was one made by IBM, called Sword Art Online - which showcased some of their server tech. Actually, the mainframe in SAO The Movie - Ordinal Scale is modeled after the IBM z13. However, the game made by IBM was only a demo, and required WAY too much tech for the average prosumer.
2. Then there was another demo on the FOVE VR headset, which is a headset with built-in eye tracking. However, that demo has since been discontinued.
3. There was another demo, I'm pretty sure for the Oculus DK, which has since been discontinued. 
4. There is one full game in the works by Bandai, who made all the other SAO non-vr games, however, this "game" is Japanese-only, and basically just a fan service Asuna dating-sim.
5. Then you have all of the Visual Novel games, Sword Art Online, Fatal Bullet, and that one non-vr MMORPG.
5. The closest things we have ATM are some worlds in VRChat, and OrbusVR.
Core i5-8600k | 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400Mhz | 500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 1TB FireCuda SSHD
MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB | Rosewill HIVE 550W Modular | NZXT S340 White

NB_Destroyer
Explorer

Well sure, but these are all just essentially fan service visual novels that are non-vr. Really, the only one that is not so fan-servicey would be the new GGO one, also on Steam. But, then again, not VR.
Core i5-8600k | 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400Mhz | 500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 1TB FireCuda SSHD
MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB | Rosewill HIVE 550W Modular | NZXT S340 White

NB_Destroyer
Explorer
Game Theory actually did a really in-depth cost analysis of fully recreating the world of SAO in all of its glory, not just creating a game with today's standards of VR. Highly recommend checking it out, as it really shows how expensive something like that can become.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zPrXJpiAw