cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you , last?

yoyoguyss1
Explorer
Hi,

Most people keep saying they get eye strain nausea etc even with the DK2 , so was wondering since I am getting my DK2 soon , how long have you guys lasted in VR the most and when do you usually start noticing eye strain , Whats the optimum time of use for DK2 ?
19 REPLIES 19

andrewtek
Expert Protege
Unboxed today. No issues for me with eye strain or nausea. My wife had no issues until she tried the Egypt time travel demo. Both of us really enjoyed Valkyrie.

I will say that I find turning with the mouse to be annoying... But does not make me sick. It just seems unnatural.

Wireline
Explorer
"floydfreak" wrote:
"jscheema" wrote:
Hey bud, this is a very private question to be answering in such a public forum, my wife would not approve. I will PM you. :oops:

The second I saw the title of this thread I was thinking along the same line 😉

Its the comma. Monty Python. "How long do you, *nudge nudge* ... last?" :lol:

revolverjgw
Honored Guest
I can go as long as I want to, could probably beat HL2 in one sitting. After a few hours, I feel ever so slightly lightheaded for a minute when I take it off, not enough to bother me at all, but enough to be perceptible. That's about the only notable effect VR has on me.

VRoom
Honored Guest
I must thank DK1 for building my VR legs. While I were still getting mild nausea and discomfort on DK1, DK2 feels like a walk in a park 🙂 No nausea... that is, until I tried Lava Inc.
For the record, I couldn't play any roller coaster on DK1 (and I'm not a fan of them in real life either)... but since DK2 is so much more comfortable and you can control speed in Lava Inc., I said, what the hell, let's see if I'll be finally able to last one ride.
Beginning was good. As long as I had control over cart, I had a blast... but then came the part where I lost control and I was in nausea land in less than a second! It felt like first days on DK1 all over again 😄 Sweating and stomach turning.
Thankfully, I was ok in a few minutes, but I think that was my last try at VR roller coasters 🙂

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Just got mine yesterday and did about a 3 hour session with no issues whatsoever. Ate dinner and tried another demo and started feeling a little uneasy, so I quit before I felt bad. Feels great again today.

I didn't have the DK1, but this DK2 is seriously blowing my mind!
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Anonymous
Not applicable
"davidjc" wrote:
I can play indefinitely

I don't get sick, no eyestrain. I just get bored and sick of being "in there" after awhile. Or my face itches or something.

same here, in the rift as well... badum tish!

tjbtech
Honored Guest
30 seconds on a good day, but eye strain is variable, depending on partner...can always swap lenses for blurry ones, though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't experienced a limit since my bad experience with 20fps in Minecrift about a year ago.

theregoes2
Protege
"jrd" wrote:
Worth consideration; it could always be that delightful just unboxed foam pad adhesive smell. 😐

I just had the weirdest experience where I was eating ice cream and it tasted like that smell. I'm starting to wonder if that smell is so strongly associated with my computer now that it pops up even when I'm not wearing my DK2 just because I'm in front of my computer.

To the OP. I can play for a long time. I've never quit due to discomfort.
Ordered: June 4th Status: Strapped to my ugly mug ON, Canada

saviornt
Protege
15 seconds to 8-12 hours, depending on what I'm.. umm.. playing, or something.. usually the something. Oh hell, I'm going to go to bed now, kkthnx.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG