cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cams are you ordering with Touch?

kevink808
Superstar
I ordered a two Touches on 10/10 from two vendors just in case. I understand that a standalone camera is supposed to be available for order on 10/31, last I heard. But there is no such item on the Oculus Store yet. I'm wondering if most of the non-devs here plan to initially use Touch with 2, 3, or 4 cams?

I want the best experience I can get, so if 4 cams is the max, I'll order more and if there is a shortage I was thinking about cannibalizing the second Touch's camera as a 3rd. Sound like a viable plan or not worth the trouble?  (Note: I have a buddy who can use the second Touch if need be, so it would not go to waste)

Kevin
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im gonna go with two sensors (so no extras) since i dont have enough space to do room scale but Im gonna test out room scale with two sensors at a friends to see how it goes! Ive seen enough vids of it working to convince me i dont need the third! 🙂

I think Id buy the third if i had a big room so i could have the best of both worlds of front facing and roomscale with the setup Oculus recommend for roomscale

I think 4 is not needed at all 🙂 Im pretty sure Nate or something at Oculus said they tested 4 and it was overkill!

I'll start off with the 2 but probably get another after Christmas.

We'll see how it goes.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

m0bius
Protege
Fifteen.  My room has a lot of corners, and I'll be damned if I let occlusion mess up my VR mini golf putting accuracy.

Percy1983
Superstar
Just the 2, got some wall brackets to get the cameras a little higher.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just two for me. Vive owners appear to be quite happy with the small amount of occlusion issues that having two Lighthouses gives them so far so there's no need to add a third imo.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
I don't have a big space but I will use 3 sensors to minimize occlusion.

maxpare79
Trustee
I will go with a 4 camera setup 🙂 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Veraxus
Protege
Just two. My Omni should be arriving in the next few weeks, which will make mere "room scale" a moot point.
My PC: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-I | Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.8Ghz | 32GB RAM | MSI Ventus 3X GeForce 3090 | Samsung 840 EVO 2TB SSD X2 | Windows 11 x64

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
I'm gonna buy one extra, for three total. I've got a sizeable room for my room scale shenanigans, so I want the extra.