cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days into July do you think it will be before

epicslothz
Honored Guest
We get the first status update on the DK2 shipping?

I'm going with 21.

Person who gets nearest to the actual number wins a pat on the back from their own arm.
36 REPLIES 36

jherico
Adventurer
That's all assuming that the headsets aren't going to end up in one of the 10,000 shipping containers that are lost at sea every year.

There they are people! Go get em:

Brad Davis - Developer for High Fidelity Co-author of Oculus Rift in Action

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I very much doubt that it's going to be near the end of July because they have other orders they are going to ship in August. I think it would make more sense to get the July orders out of the way instead of leaving them till the last minute, don't you?

Gerald
Expert Protege
"lovethis" wrote:
I very much doubt that it's going to be near the end of July because they have other orders they are going to ship in August. I think it would make more sense to get the July orders out of the way instead of leaving them till the last minute, don't you?

that line of though would be based on them delaying at some point on purpose - why would they do that in the first place. all orders had an estimation, not a fixed sending date - so they will send them out asap and it could still mean we have to wait.
lets just hope that they do not lose a shipment as jherico suggests - stuff like that happens and that would really be a shame.
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

bp2008
Protege
I think we will get a "status update" in the first week of July, maybe even tomorrow, but I'm expecting it by the end of the week.

"Dreamwriter" wrote:
"Flyinpiranha" wrote:
My bets are on the end of July. While they'll announce something soon, I'm thinking the "kits will start shipping in July" was meant for the top 100 or something.

OUYA did that - they promised a May release, and then shipped 200 units on the Friday before May 31. None of the other 59,800 Kickstarters saw any for a couple months. Woulda been a lot better to announce a delay...

Yeah, I pledged for OUYA on its first day, developed a game for it, and didn't receive my console until after Amazon had them.

captaintrips
Explorer
"jherico" wrote:
That's all assuming that the headsets aren't going to end up in one of the 10,000 shipping containers that are lost at sea every year.

There they are people! Go get em:

Time to put my ocean rift experience to good use and recover 40,000 DK2's from the murky depths...

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
"Gerald" wrote:
Man I am sooo looking forward to my DK2, but at the same time the wait is not half as bad as for DK1 just because I have a DK1.

Yeah, that was the hardest wait of my life. I think I cried a couple times waiting in frustration (I was 19) because I had no idea when it was coming in, and I had never wanted something so badly in my entire life before.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

epicslothz
Honored Guest
Anyone who put before July 1st has lost, and anyone who put July 1st and likely lost as well.